General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 120 62.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Reform

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 8.4%

• Total voters
Fair enough, lol. Looks like my brief foray into politics has concluded and I’ll stick to knowing they are all cunts and not voting. Cheers.
Or you can see the evidence of 14 years of Tory corruption and vote to get rid of them. In five years time then you can judge whether to get rid of that government. There's no reason to think you might not be pleasantly surprised.

Now do you want me to record you as a non-voter or a don't know?

Just because some people don't see the appeal of Rayner doesn't mean you are going to convince them by pointing out your perceived inadequacies of her opponents. Fwiw I don't think Rayner comes across that well at times, she definitely lacks diplomacy skills which are pretty essential to be a skilled political operator. Unless she learns these quickly, I cant see her lasting in the cabinet for long.
Diplomacy? Calling striking miners "the enemy within"? Calling a murderous dictator a friend? If Thatcher can do that, Rayner calling Tories scum is easily forgivable.

Or you can see the evidence of 14 years of Tory corruption and vote to get rid of them. In five years time then you can judge whether to get rid of that government. There's no reason to think you might not be pleasantly surprised.

Now do you want me to record you as a non-voter or a don't know?
Nah, stick me down as Reform and pro-Farage.

One of the greatest politicians who ever lived, Aneurin Bevin, described the Tories as 'lower than vermin'. And the Tories of his day were a lot more likeable than the present ragbag of shysters, conmen, liars, oddballs and racists. A lot less openly corrupt, too.

Using blunt language is not necessarily a handicap to a politician. Winston Churchill could be exceedingly blunt. I think Angela Rayner's problem is that a) she's a woman, b) she's a northerner and speaks in a northern accent, c) she's working-class** and d) she's left wing (or perceived as such - I'm not that sure.)

If Lady Cynthia Harwood Ponsonby Smyth MP said 'Labour are frightful, horrid communist plebs' no one would bat an eyelid as it would be said in a posh voice.

Enough to make a cat laugh.

** Although strangely many of her critics are those who say 'Labour doesn't represent the working class anymore.' (As though the Tories, or Nigel Toad of Toad Hall Farage somehow do.)

I never get the anger from some about who others vote for. Vote for who you want that's the freedom our ancestors fought for.

Yeah I agree, deciding who to put in charge of the country and be accountable for a large proportion of the quality of life of everyone that lives here isn’t a subject to get emotive about at all.

t’s not something actually important, like football, is it…? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.