General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 140 61.7%
  • Conservative

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Reform

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • Green Party

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters
Also it's a lot harder to control MPs when they know their parliamentary vote doesn't matter so much. Big majorities usually lead to a lot of rebellions and factions developing.

I was reading today that Labour have been working on the possibility, and how to keep MPs busy. New candidates have even been having training that addresses the possibility that they'll get bored and spend too much time in the discounted bars!

Bizarre than the people who have most impact on our day to day lives, have one of the few jobs where it's acceptable to get pissed throughout the day.

I was reading today that Labour have been working on the possibility, and how to keep MPs busy. New candidates have even been having training that addresses the possibility that they'll get bored and spend too much time in the discounted bars!

Bizarre than the people who have most impact on our day to day lives, have one of the few jobs where it's acceptable to get pissed throughout the day.

Should abolish them completely tbh. If MPs want to get pissed they can do it off site and without having the public contribute to their tab.

I’d take the badly behaved kids from my youth..

The badly behaved kids of today give zero fucks about respect and many are very likely to stick a knife in you for next to nothing…
Seems not as cut and dried as your perceptions.

How did they shit on the kids? I guess you mean the Brexit vote

The one point I disagree with is the bit about university loans… Nobody forced them to go to Uni so why should the general public fund it?

My two lads chose not to go to uni.. both are doing very well thanks.. Their wives both went to uni but neither are using their degrees in their currently roles so in hindsight their studies and their bills could have been totally avoided… There must be tens of thousands like that
Absolute nonsense. Education should be valued in and of itself. There doesn’t have to be an end-point (job).

I did a degree in French and German then became an engineer before finally moving into teaching. I’ve used my French sparsely and my German even more sparsely since graduating. But it gave me a wonderful insight into both cultures; it allowed me to study in both countries; it enhanced my fluency in both languages.

On the funding note - we fund things for the common good, not just because we might / might not use it. Libraries; galleries, musea, etc.

Education, at any level, should be fully publicly funded. We’ve lost sight of why and how learning should be valued.

Should abolish them completely tbh. If MPs want to get pissed they can do it off site and without having the public contribute to their tab.

They should switch to more normal hours, and make drinking during the day unacceptable.

I'd change the rules, so it was less easy for constitutional idiots to waste everyone's time, and make Parliament somewhere that MPs only had to spend a couple of days a week. Get the business done, with less time for social events, lobbying etc. The expectation should be that they do work in their constituencies, so no second jobs to tempt them either.

Make them do the job we pay them for, but don't put them in a ridiculous position of being away from their families most of the week, with nothing but cheap drink, and lobbying events to keep them entertained.

The Tories on-line game is piss poor

To whom it may concern,

We have plenty of places now that the Labour Party have supplied us with an extra 6400 teachers to educate our children.

PS. Please remind young Tarquin to bring his armbands on day one. Hell be doing cross country and there’s no bridge over the river.

Good day.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.