General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Seven million people eligible to vote have not registered and the deadline is today.
I bet quite a few of them will complain when anything goes wrong!!
My mind boggles that anyone would give up their right to vote. There are millions across the world who would dearly love to be able to vote as freely as we are.

Sorry just my moan. I don't care who you vote for but please vote. It was a hard earned privilege for ordinary folk. JMHO
Absolutely.

I don't agree with compulsory voting, but if you don't vote you should not be allowed to moan or complain.

When you vote you should receive a card that you have to show when you want to moan or complain, and if you don't have it then you have to shut the fuck up or be happy with everything!

If you moan or complain about anything without that permit then there needs be a strictly enforced system of increasing penalties (up to and including prison!) for people who haven't voted but insist on whinging.

Be interesting to know how many people voting for reform are actually wanting them to get in to power vs making a statement. Their manifesto makes Truss look like an economic genius.

When you have managed to piss off a whole country you are gonna get kicked from both sides left and right.

Not sure how the Tories get out of this long term.

Shame:-)

Absolutely.

I don't agree with compulsory voting, but if you don't vote you should not be allowed to moan or complain.

When you vote you should receive a card that you have to show when you want to moan or complain, and if you don't have it then you have to shut the fuck up or be happy with everything!

If you moan or complain about anything without that permit then there needs be a strictly enforced system of increasing penalties (up to and including prison!) for people who haven't voted but insist on whinging.

You would rather someone just randomly vote for anyone? People have the right not to vote and moaning is a British tradition. Its everyone's right to have a good old fucking moan.

I have a similar gut feeling. I’d like to think the British public aren’t that stupid but they voted for Brexit so clearly are.
The Brexit vote was different. Brexit isn't a wholly right-wing ideology - shit show that it is, it appealed to voters across the whole political spectrum for differing reasons. Over 17 million people voted for it but many of them don't have any time for the likes of Farage and never in a million years did over 17 million people vote for someone like UKIP in a General Election because most voters are centrists. Reform are going to get a fair chunk of votes but that's mainly down to the Tories disintegrating. Farage's appeal is basically limited to the more right-wing elements of the Conservative Party and the electorate in general. I suppose if Labour make a total pig's ear of things then there's an outside chance of Reform being a threat further down the line but who's to say the Tories don't have a reset in the meantime and become more centrist? Reform are little more than a flash in the pan for me and they've almost hit their ceiling already IMO. Hopefully these words don't come back to bite me on the arse but I'm not overly worried about them.

Seven million people eligible to vote have not registered and the deadline is today.
I bet quite a few of them will complain when anything goes wrong!!
My mind boggles that anyone would give up their right to vote. There are millions across the world who would dearly love to be able to vote as freely as we are.

Sorry just my moan. I don't care who you vote for but please vote. It was a hard earned privilege for ordinary folk. JMHO
It is not just the fact that you have to register it is also that you then have to get some sort of voter ID. A complete pain in the arse and it is working in the Nasty Party favour , surprise, surprise.

It is not just the fact that you have to register it is also that you then have to get some sort of voter ID. A complete pain in the arse and it is working in the Nasty Party favour , surprise, surprise.
You ask for the id at the same time as you register i think , if not it is on the gov site , it will take you five mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.