General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 155 60.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • Reform

Votes: 32 12.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 9.4%

• Total voters
Just wondering if any of the 25 posters who have chosen Reform in our poll are changing their minds following his comments about the war in Ukraine or do they agree with him or don’t think it’s significant.

Yeah, I didn't mind Cameron myself. As you say, he destroyed his own legacy but he must've been confident of Remain winning, otherwise he wouldn't have called the referendum in the first place. He totally underestimated the influence that huge swathes of the EU-hating media had on the general public.

Despite that and subsequently being out of politics for over 7 years, he's come back and still has more clout on the world stage than that drip Sunak!
He bet the farm on the Scottish independence referendum with the idea that it would shut the Nats up for a generation, and won. Buoyed by that, he bet the farm again on the EU referendum with the idea that it would shut the leavers up for a generation, and lost. And in doing so he also then gave the Nats an opportunity to open up the Scottish independence debate again.

History will not judge him kindly, I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.