General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, I didn't mind Cameron myself. As you say, he destroyed his own legacy but he must've been confident of Remain winning, otherwise he wouldn't have called the referendum in the first place. He totally underestimated the influence that huge swathes of the EU-hating media had on the general public.

Despite that and subsequently being out of politics for over 7 years, he's come back and still has more clout on the world stage than that drip Sunak!

It’s not just his legacy he destroyed, but the Conservative Party, who are faced with losing seats they’ve held for a century. The ‘blue wall’ may have held in 2019 with Corbyn and exhaustion with Brexit, but five years on and with Starmer doing his ‘all things to all men’ routine and latent hostility to Brexit and its evident failures, ‘blue wall’ Conservative voters are abandoning them. The drift to the far right hasn’t helped either.

Couple this with Labour’s revival in the ‘red wall’ - and the incompetence and corruption of the Tories after their Brexit bloodletting - the Tories are staring down the barrel of a historic wipeout.

All this can be laid at Cameron’s door.

Just wondering if any of the 25 posters who have chosen Reform in our poll are changing their minds following his comments about the war in Ukraine or do they agree with him or don’t think it’s significant.

I suspect alot of Farage followers are just part of the cult now, similar to Trump fans in America - they'll give him a free pass to say whatever, thick cowards.

It’s not just his legacy he destroyed, but the Conservative Party, who are faced with losing seats they’ve held for a century. The ‘blue wall’ may have held in 2019 with Corbyn and exhaustion with Brexit, but five years on and with Starmer doing his ‘all things to all men’ routine and latent hostility to Brexit and its evident failures, ‘blue wall’ Conservative voters are abandoning them. The drift to the far right hasn’t helped either.

Couple this with Labour’s revival in the ‘red wall’ - and the incompetence and corruption of the Tories after their Brexit bloodletting - the Tories are staring down the barrel of a historic wipeout.

Keep going I'm almost there!

Depends what you mean by ‘All’. I think the Tory Party was likely to tear itself apart in relation to Europe eventually anyway. The notion that not calling a referendum would have made the internal issue of the EU simply disappear doesn’t stand up to objective scrutiny. So the ‘but for’ test arguably isn’t made out in relation to Cameron, and the impact the issue of Europe would have had on the Tory Party.

Agree he’s fucked the country royally though. And that of far more consequence than any damage he caused the Tory Party.

Depends what you mean by ‘All’. I think the Tory Party was likely to tear itself apart in relation to Europe eventually anyway. The notion that not calling a referendum would have made the internal issue of the EU simply disappear doesn’t stand up to objective scrutiny. So the ‘but for’ test arguably isn’t made out in relation to Cameron, and the impact the issue of Europe would have had on the Tory Party.

Agree he’s fucked the country royally though. And that of far more consequence than any damage he caused the Tory Party.

Most of it then :)

Tend to agree on Europe, the referendum just brought it to a head. I think a narrow remain win would have been poisonous to the EU, whereas a narrow leave win restricted it to just the UK.

I don’t see us rejoining either. We can’t even discuss Brexit. It just sits in the room like a giant poisonous toad that everyone ignores for fear of provoking it. Not, to be honest, a healthy situation for our nation.

Well I suppose its a new radical way to campaign .....

I read the Guardian’s interview with him. Honestly, he comes across as a bloke that is a bit lost. Since his traumatic head injury those around him have said his personality has drastically changed for the worse which led to him and his ex wife getting divorced.

It’s a weird one, and I don’t know what he’s been through so I’m not going to sit and judge him, but his views seem largely incongruous (much like the headline here). He just seems generally like a capable bloke who is a bit angry with the world, and I’m not saying that’s his fault, but I wouldn’t put him in Parliament to make rational and measured decisions.

I suspect alot of Farage followers are just part of the cult now, similar to Trump fans in America - they'll give him a free pass to say whatever, thick cowards.
I can confirm this is the case with one I know.

Everything is "fake news" if it shows Führage for what he truly is. A racist grifter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.