General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
This forum is VERY left leaning, so looking at the poll above , Reform have done much better than i wouldve thought
It's hard to say. A lot of more frequent posts are left-of-centre, I agree.

There's an inevitability to reform's rise. Tory betting scandal plays right into their hands. Not Labour. But we'll see on polling night what happens.

This is a long game. Labour would seemingly have to go out of their way not to end up with a second term. Meanwhile Tories can have a damned good battle over the future of the party. They became a scam around the time Boris got in. Michelle Mone, etc. I'm pretty sure some one nation Conservatives are happy this iteration of the party is being obliterated. I'm sure Britain can come up with a more wholesome and substantial party as it's main opposition.

As for Reform getting MP's? Good. It might be really helpful for people who always feel their view is being repressed. Let's hear them. I don't fear them. In fact, I fear for them - I imagine Brexit's popularity will continue to fall, and it's pretty easy work for Labour etc to pin them into insisting Brexit was the best decision we ever made.

It's also perhaps time to get these people into publicly accountable roles and see how they fair. Every other party goes through it. Reform / UKIP have managed instead to avoid the actual poison chalice of the responsibility and criticism that representatives face.

It's hard to say. A lot of more frequent posts are left-of-centre, I agree.

There's an inevitability to reform's rise. Tory betting scandal plays right into their hands. Not Labour. But we'll see on polling night what happens.

This is a long game. Labour would seemingly have to go out of their way not to end up with a second term. Meanwhile Tories can have a damned good battle over the future of the party. They became a scam around the time Boris got in. Michelle Mone, etc. I'm pretty sure some one nation Conservatives are happy this iteration of the party is being obliterated. I'm sure Britain can come up with a more wholesome and substantial party as it's main opposition.

As for Reform getting MP's? Good. It might be really helpful for people who always feel their view is being repressed. Let's hear them. I don't fear them. In fact, I fear for them - I imagine Brexit's popularity will continue to fall, and it's pretty easy work for Labour etc to pin them into insisting Brexit was the best decision we ever made.

It's also perhaps time to get these people into publicly accountable roles and see how they fair. Every other party goes through it. Reform / UKIP have managed instead to avoid the actual poison chalice of the responsibility and criticism that representatives face.
A very well put, well informed post rather than just shouting, “Fascists” like most on here do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.