General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 159 60.5%
  • Conservative

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 23 8.7%
  • Reform

Votes: 33 12.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 26 9.9%

• Total voters
Anyone who does not think after 6 months in office Labour will come out with things are far worse than we thought and there will be significant tax rises is living in cloud cuckoo land!

Go on then genius, whats your masterplan to un-fuck the country that’s been driven into the ground for the last 14 years?

And I tell you what, the Tories have misread the temperature of the nation on this. Most people would be fine paying higher taxes if it was spent on improving public services.

I’m Blairite centrist in my politics so hardly a massive lefty and it’s how I feel.

Go on then genius, whats your masterplan to un-fuck the country that’s been driven into the ground for the last 14 years?

And I tell you what, the Tories have misread the temperature of the nation on this. Most people would be fine paying higher taxes if it was spent on improving public services.

I’m Blairite centrist in my politics so hardly a massive lefty and it’s how I feel.

Whats the need to start the sentence like that?

Despite your rather rude tone i will give you my opinion. We need to move away from immigration as the ponzi scheme as the only way to grow our economy. People are not having kids as young largely as they cant buy a house before age 30. This is principally down to a supply and demand imbalance. The cost of housing is the reason most poeple are struggling. I see it at work - kids on 40k with £300k mortgages with their partner really struggling to get by.

Millions of people moving to this country every few years is not the answer. This places a huge strain on services but more importantly we simply do not build enough homes to accommodate the increased population forverr driving up what is generally peoples largest expense. A new approach to education, tax incentives to encourage people to work part time longer past retirement age, mid career re training programmes, a reform in planning law and a huge infrastructure investment programme funded by the private sector is also part of the answer. Look at Ireland now - lower taxes attracting sovereign wealth funds. Higher taxation leads time and time again to slower growth. It will not work.

The Tories have been a disaster since Truss but Covid was a huge game changer for our economy and despite the shit i will get on here i would have loved to have seen how we would have done had Boris not been attacked from all sides during and after the pandemic.

I am prepared to see how Labour do the next 8 to 10 years and hope they improve the country. Lets see hey, I sincerely hope they do.

In a sense he is right, purely economic migrants should be returned and especially if it is safe for them to go back. If this does happen we are likely to have to give them funds to get resettled back into their country of origin. It will save money of putting them up in hotels when they are never going to be declared legally resident.

Making sweeping statements is wrong for two reasons. It's needlessly pissing off hardworking British Bangladeshis and Bangladesh imprisons homosexuals. There are going to be some people from that country with a valid claim for asylum.

The asylum system isn't black and white, it's shades of grey and can be open to abuse. There were hundreds of Albanians who managed to fool the system that they were actually from Kosovo, and successfully obtain asylum.

Despite your rather rude tone i will give you my opinion. We need to move away from immigration as the ponzi scheme as the only way to grow our economy. People are not having kids as young largely as they cant buy a house before age 30. This is principally down to a supply and demand imbalance. The cost of housing is the reason most poeple are struggling. I see it at work - kids on 40k with £300k mortgages with their partner really struggling to get by.

Millions of people moving to this country every few years is not the answer. This places a huge strain on services but more importantly we simply do not build enough homes to accommodate the increased population forverr driving up what is generally peoples largest expense. A new approach to education, tax incentives to encourage people to work part time longer past retirement age, mid career re training programmes, a reform in planning law and a huge infrastructure investment programme funded by the private sector is also part of the answer. Look at Ireland now - lower taxes attracting sovereign wealth funds. Higher taxation leads time and time again to slower growth. It will not work.

The Tories have been a disaster since Truss but Covid was a huge game changer for our economy and despite the shit i will get on here i would have loved to have seen how we would have done had Boris not been attacked from all sides during and after the pandemic.

I am prepared to see how Labour do the next 8 to 10 years and hope they improve the country. Lets see hey, I sincerely hope they do.

As a landlord who leveraged multiple properties to build up his portfolio, do you admit that you played a small part in land value inflation?

You were doing well till you got to boris , he was a disaster and a showman , he had no place in politics , certainly not the top job x

Last edited:
Anyone who does not think after 6 months in office Labour will come out with things are far worse than we thought and there will be significant tax rises is living in cloud cuckoo land!
I bloody well hope they do.
The infrastructure has been fucked by the venal grifters in charge for the last 14 years.
Get the fuckers out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.