General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 246 58.9%
  • Conservative

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 33 7.9%
  • Reform

Votes: 60 14.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 46 11.0%

• Total voters
I'll be voting for him - but campaigning elsewhere.

Absolutely no chance he'll lose - it was one of the most marginal seats in the country - the third smallest majority on Labour's target list of Tory seats.

Did you read the Guardian profile of him after he switched? He let Helen Pidd follow him round for the day, so you'll learn a little more about him: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ristian-wakeford-crossing-floor-dont-throw-up
I have voted for him, with great reluctance, as I would be happy to say to his face.

Only the Tory has any chance of coming near, the rest might as well not bother. The main objective this time is to give the Tories the biggest possible smashing. I will save my protest votes for the local elections.

Prefer this one...

Just goes to show that time is a circle. Unbelievable how you could air that today and just paste Sunak’s face over Major’s.

The one thing that did stand out a bit was “Major seemed a nice enough man.”

Don’t think you’d catch a line like that in an election broadcast by the opposition today. Indicative of how politicians used to hold themselves to higher standards of decorum.

Also Pete Postlethwaite could make me cry by reading the phone book.

I've got a dilemma on Thursday. I want this bunch of incompetent, dogma-driven, venal, corrupt, self-serving grifters confined to the history books. In my constituency (Bury South) the best chance of doing that is Labour.

It's very marginal so the Labour candidate should win. However, the problem is that it's Christian Wakeford, who crossed the floor from the Tories two years ago.

He'd disagreed with the party on a key issue, and was allegedly told a school that was promised in Radcliffe (quite a deprived part of Bury South) wouldn't be funded if he voted against the party line on that issue. Yet there's more than a suspicion that he defected because he could see what was coming and wanted to be sure he retained his seat.

He's going to win but I'm struggling to convince myself to put that 'x' against his name.

@BTH - convince me that he's serious about his political beliefs. Otherwise I'll vote Green, Lib Dem or even Communist.

Just don't vote for him it really is that simple, no need to convince you.

I am getting excited , even if i am wracked with pain , worse than usual even , i am dragging myself to the polling station , strip me of pips i dont care , sunak is going to do it if he gets in anyway ( give me it back on glorious friday please keir )
Do you actually know which party introduced Work Capability Assessments?
What I'm saying here is that Labour will continue to have to make decisions that might not be the Utopia some think.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.