General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 253 58.0%
  • Conservative

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 35 8.0%
  • Reform

Votes: 67 15.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 48 11.0%

• Total voters
I’d still be gutted the Tories getting that many

It is a detailed survey but Survation are a little bit of an outlier. They seem to be weighing that fewer of the don’t knows will fall into the Tory bucket than others like YouGov. Incumbents always tend to get a few trickling back their way just before polling day.

I’ve said Tories 135 seats is my prediction a few months back and I’m sticking to that but would love to be proven wrong.

It is a detailed survey but Survation are a little bit of an outlier. They seem to be weighing that fewer of the don’t knows will fall into the Tory bucket than others like YouGov. Incumbents always tend to get a few trickling back their way just before polling day.

I’ve said Tories 135 seats is my prediction a few months back and I’m sticking to that but would love to be proven wrong.
Not 115?

I've got a dilemma on Thursday. I want this bunch of incompetent, dogma-driven, venal, corrupt, self-serving grifters confined to the history books. In my constituency (Bury South) the best chance of doing that is Labour.

It's very marginal so the Labour candidate should win. However, the problem is that it's Christian Wakeford, who crossed the floor from the Tories two years ago.

He'd disagreed with the party on a key issue, and was allegedly told a school that was promised in Radcliffe (quite a deprived part of Bury South) wouldn't be funded if he voted against the party line on that issue. Yet there's more than a suspicion that he defected because he could see what was coming and wanted to be sure he retained his seat.

He's going to win but I'm struggling to convince myself to put that 'x' against his name.

@BTH - convince me that he's serious about his political beliefs. Otherwise I'll vote Green, Lib Dem or even Communist.
A friend of mine, who you know, contacted Wakeford on two occasions while he was still a Tory MP and got surprisingly honest replies. He said Wakeford sounded nothing like the rest of the Tories who popped up on TV.
This friend was a Labour Party member in the past and has voted for Wakeford by post. I'll also be voting for him.

I'll be voting for him - but campaigning elsewhere.

Absolutely no chance he'll lose - it was one of the most marginal seats in the country - the third smallest majority on Labour's target list of Tory seats.

Did you read the Guardian profile of him after he switched? He let Helen Pidd follow him round for the day, so you'll learn a little more about him: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ristian-wakeford-crossing-floor-dont-throw-up
Interesting article. Thanks. He does come over as something approaching a human being. With @East Level 2 approving of him as well, I think I'll give him my vote.

Trussonomics only impacted for a short while so it’s not still having an effect on “most mortgage holders”. The rest is inflation driven which we would have worn come what may.
I think you’re understating the impact of Truss and Kwarteng’s mini budget. It caused interest rates to rise significantly higher than they would have done and although I haven’t seen clear statistics to show whether it’s many or most mortgage holders that were impacted, there’s no doubt it was a significant number.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.