General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Am I right in thinking more people voted for Corbyn in 2017 than voted for Starmer yesterday?
Yes and in 2019 Corbyn's Labour won 1,269,051 votes, this election Labour currently on 9,712,011 with 2 seats to declare. Lib Dems won 3,696,419 and 11 MPs, this time 3,499,933 and 71 MPs. Tory vote dropped by just over 7 m with Reform currently on 4m and Greens increasing their vote by just over 1m. Labour share of vote up nationally by 1.7%, Tories down by 19.9, Lib Dems up 0.6%, overall turnout down by 7% to just 60%. Labour won a landslide with just 33.8% of the vote.

In my view it would be chaos. Any billionaire could set up a party and get a majority or a sizeable influence at least, we'd end up like America, richest guy wins.

Better the devil you know. At the end of the day there were only 4 constituencies that said they preferred the Reform candidate over any of the others on the ballot paper, what votes they got in places where they polled less than the victor are irrelevant. Under full PR they would have over 90 more, who would they be representing?

Yeah even though PR works in countries all over the world you threw in good old America.

Been asked to put a message out.

Anybody have a car and is available this afternoon? We are needed to ferry all those billionaires and their families to the airport - you know all those who vowed to leave the UK when Labour won.

p.s.

Its ok I have booked a bin wagon for Scarecrow Jim to take him from the swamp to Manchester Airport

I've just seen @Worsleyweb in terminal one carrying a Ice Hockey for beginners book.

Last edited:
Most depressing thing about this election is that is that Labour knew full well they’d win by a landslide. I can’t understand why they didn’t make the central tenant of their manifesto a re-entry to either the EU or the EU Lite to allow free movement of labour and trade.

They say they want to make Brexit work. It can’t work, it’s fucking stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.