General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Unless of course you argue that those with a higher IQ would never have voted for Hitler hence the key parts of the Nazi policy include burning books and disposing of all academics and anybody else of intellect who could far easier see through their horrors??
They literally had thousands of academics who throughout the early to mid 1930s legitimised Nazi doctrine. The academics who were as you say "disposed of" were predominantly those from Jewish/Polish descent. Most academics hid their support following the end of the war even though many were complicit in facilitating the Nazi regime.

Ultimately intelligence has little to do with racism. What is true is that those who are the most disenfranchised are likely to hold more extreme views, which is why marginalising these groups, who in many cases through no fault of their own have been dealt a bad hand in life is the wrong approach.

Anyway we digress.

They could have announced just about anything in their manifesto and they’d have taken a big majority. It was one of those once in a life time opportunities to get a mandate for anything they wanted.
They played it safe and I can understand why they did after the last GE. Everything is easy with hindsight and they wanted to win it above all else.
I'm not disagreeing, but I think it needs context re their mentality about getting over the line

I thought this was pretty shocking. Being harassed and shouted at most of the election campaign as well. I don’t think the people booing, like that a women won either.

Using Palestine to intimidate people it’s shameful.

Truly shocking stuff but she's a pretty resilient lady. I don't like the recent phenomena of abusing (verbally or physically) our politicians. Even the ones I don't like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.