General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
To be fair, it wasn’t a particularly conservative government as Heath was almost as left wing as you mate ;)

Heath would have been on the extreme left of todays Tory party that is certain as todays Tory party is so far right its probably the furthest right wing government we have ever had and that includes the government of the witch.

On his performance so far with Cummings as chief adviser the BP in the wings with Lib Dems about to hoover up Remain votes the idea that Johnson could win never mind with a majority is laughable. They won 318 seats at the 2017 GE - they now have 289. They are going backwards - lots self inflicted losses. When it was affecting Labour the Tory mantra was always " people don't vote for divided party's " - presumably that no longer applies?
I do worry that there'll be a raft of "just get it done" voters who will vote Boris no matter how bad he is.

The Lib Dems are to the right of the Tories economically, their Orange Bookists are free market lovers and neo-liberal fanboys. It is only Socially that the Lib Dems are anywhere near the left in thinking and then only close to new Labour left, Traditional Labour has always had the small C conservative traits of patriotism, family and community.

The Lib Dems were so comfortable in the coalition because they were to the right of Cameron economically and to the left socially. They are anything but a centrist party and if any of the cunts knock on my door they will get told they are neo-liberal enablers of right wing governments and then I will turn the hosepipe on the weird fuckers.

Like all parties they have an internal struggle and not all subscribe to the Orange Book. I doubt they’d take us economically further to the right now if they got in.

In fact Clegg described them as in between Miliband’s Labour and Cameron’s Tories in 2014/2015.

That said they’re comfortably further to the right from me and I’ll be now voting Labour at the next election.

I voted for them at the Euros to send a remain message to Labour and it worked but I wouldn’t vote for them domestically now.

The last bit made of your post made me laugh.

In fact Clegg described them as in between Miliband’s Labour and Cameron’s Tories in 2014/2015.

I wouldn't believe a word that came out of that charlatans mouth. He wanted power and was very quick to become call me Dave's best pal and collect his ministerial car.

The Lib Dems are to the right of the Tories economically, their Orange Bookists are free market lovers and neo-liberal fanboys. It is only Socially that the Lib Dems are anywhere near the left in thinking and then only close to new Labour left, Traditional Labour has always had the small C conservative traits of patriotism, family and community.

The Lib Dems were so comfortable in the coalition because they were to the right of Cameron economically and to the left socially. They are anything but a centrist party and if any of the cunts knock on my door they will get told they are neo-liberal enablers of right wing governments and then I will turn the hosepipe on the weird fuckers.

So true. Many of my friends who step in and out of politics take their name 'liberal' far too literally. They would think Hitler was further left than Corbyn based on party name. Jo Swinson sums them up with her bungs from fracking companies and her voting record on the welfare system.

I wouldn't believe a word that came out of that charlatans mouth. He wanted power and was very quick to become call me Dave's best pal and collect his ministerial car.

I don’t disagree but just highlighting the fact not all are as right or further right than the Tories.

If.

As it stands, here's what I am predicting will happen. (I am not delighted by this prospect by any means, by the way, I am a remainer.)

Once the no-deal bill has finally passed, Johnson will once again call for a GE and Corybn will feel unable to refuse it. The objection that we cannot have an election until the threat of a no deal Brexit is removed, is no longer valid. Resisting further, will only damage Labour's standing further and diminish any chance of victory in an inevitable election in November or soon after. So he will agree, and we WILL have an mid-October GE.

Boris and Farage will do a deal of some kind and whilst that will lose a lot of moderate remain-inclined Tory voters, those losses will be more than compensated for by the joining of the two forces. Whilst on the other side of the fence, the Remain vote will be destructively impaired by being split between Labour and the LibDems.

The net upshot is that Boris will gain a slim majority, my guess around 20, but embolded by the election win and with the extra seats, he will repeal he no-deal bill and we will leave on October 31st. Whether the EU will throw us a last bone which enables that to be with some kind of deal, or not, we'll see. Probably not because it will be too late.

You may laugh at this. Many probably will. But let's just see.
I won't laugh, because you may be right, Corbyn will be seen as a bottler, after screaming for an election every other day.
The line of no deal being pushed through despite parliaments vote, will not wash with the electorate, if they persist with it,
which I think they will, then Johnson, with the BP would win, (I'd agree with your majority of approx 20),and would win, even if a
GE is held after 31 Oct. People who voted to leave the EU are now mightily pissed off, which may please remainers, but Johnson wouldn't
be blamed, as he's been hamstrung by parliament since becoming PM, he'll go into a GE as the only candidate available to the leave vote,
apart from the BP, which I've always said, he'll do a deal with.

He’s going to turn up in an RAF coat.

I can't put the picture up but I have seen this on other social media sites, but this is the exact stunt was pulled by Trump with the police. What kind of bonehead would even attempt this what ever next blue baseball caps with the slogan Make Britain Great again (because Ireland will be gone after the No Deal he has to get for his backers)

I can't put the picture up but I have seen this on other social media sites, but this is the exact stunt was pulled by Trump with the police. What kind of bonehead would even attempt this what ever next blue baseball caps with the slogan Make Britain Great again (because Ireland will be gone after the No Deal he has to get for his backers)

It was Trump I was joking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.