General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I wonder what stunt Boris will pull next after today's political broadcast at the police training camp.?Maybe he could hold one outside a hospital with some doctors and nurses couple of patients in life support you know. Talk about investing in the NHS recruiting more doctors and nurses Perhaps now thatJRM is such a medical expert he could be there in in the background dressed in scrubs with.a stethoscope around his neck
How tightly would the stethoscope be wrapped around his neck?

As it seems Labour and SNP will not vote for an election on Monday thereby making an October election impossible as Parliament is suspended for five weeks, a suspension that now benefits the opposition and not the Govt, the big question is how does Johnson cope with being forced (heel boy, heel) to beg for an extension or how does he cope with suspending the rule of law and refusing to beg (bad boy, bad)?

So how does everyone see this one playing out?

The government can table a 1 line bill on Monday stating in law that the GE would be on 15th Oct. If they do that then I can’t see how the opposition can vote against it. I think the government will do that, it’s not a great option for Boris but probably the least damaging. It means he either has to agree to go out on a no deal and would therefore get the support of the Brexit party voters and probably win the GE. Or he’ll try to stick to going out with some kind of deal, meaning he’ll be in direct competition with the Brit party and his chances of winning are diminished.

Personally, I think he’ll do a pack with the brexit party and agree to a no deal and take us out on the 31st if he wins it.

As it seems Labour and SNP will not vote for an election on Monday thereby making an October election impossible as Parliament is suspended for five weeks, a suspension that now benefits the opposition and not the Govt, the big question is how does Johnson cope with being forced (heel boy, heel) to beg for an extension or how does he cope with suspending the rule of law and refusing to beg (bad boy, bad)?

Johnson is fucked and will quite rightly be put through a humiliation.

Corbyn has absolutely fucked him, with the help of the other parties in opposition.

The government can table a 1 line bill on Monday stating in law that the GE would be on 15th Oct. If they do that then I can’t see how the opposition can vote against it. I think the government will do that, it’s not a great option for Boris but probably the least damaging. It means he either has to agree to go out on a no deal and would therefore get the support of the Brexit party voters and probably win the GE. Or he’ll try to stick to going out with some kind of deal, meaning he’ll be in direct competition with the Brit party and his chances of winning are diminished.

Personally, I think he’ll do a pack with the brexit party and agree to a no deal and take us out on the 31st if he wins it.

And the opposition will table an amendment that the Election is to take place in November. In fact the opposition can stick all sorts of amendments onto it none of which will be to the Govts liking. Johnson wants an October election. The opposition don’t and the opposition has a majority.

The opposition will not vote in favour of a general election on Monday. They've spent this morning telling anyone and everyone with a microphone that's what they'll do.

They'll be no pact with the Brexit Party, there are no upsides for the Tories in it.

And the opposition will table an amendment that the Election is to take place in November. In fact the opposition can stick all sorts of amendments onto it none of which will be to the Govts liking. Johnson wants an October election. The opposition don’t and the opposition has a majority.

The opposition don’t want an Oct election that could allow Boris to delay it until after 31st. Which can happen under the fixed term parliament act.

However, If the Tories put forward a bill to guarantee in law it takes place on the 15th. It would have to take pace then and the opposition have no reason not to support it.

The opposition don’t want an Oct election that could allow Boris to delay it until after 31st. Which can happen under the fixed term parliament act.

However, If the Tories put forward a bill to guarantee in law it takes place on the 15th. It would have to take pace then and the opposition have no reason not to support it.

And the opposition will amend that to a date in November and they have the votes. The opposition do have a reason to not support an election on the 15th and that is to hold Johnson to his ‘die in the ditch’ promise not to extend A50. They want to force him to extend or die in a ditch.

Johnson will have to accept going to Brussels to beg for an extension, that humiliation is one of the prime drivers for refusing him a general election. How he spins it will be interesting to watch.

But the really interesting thing will be the Party Conferences. For Labour it will be a good opportunity to hone their Brexit policy and while there are dangers, there are more upside opportunities for them.

For the Tories! Jesus Christ! It'll be a shit show! The hang em and flog em membership that put the fat fool in Downing Street will go full throttle Brexit Party, fall off a cliff, Land of Hope and Glory on any back sliders, expect Dominic Grieve to be burned in effigy.

And the real peach, the Tories are holding their conference in Manchester! That'll be fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.