General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
And the opposition will amend that to a date in November and they have the votes. The opposition do have a reason to not support an election on the 15th and that is to hold Johnson to his ‘die in the ditch’ promise not to extend A50. They want to force him to extend or die in a ditch.

I disagree, it’s the oppositions job to get and fight an election. If the only reason they give to delay is to stop a potential non deal brexit by parliamentary suspension, and this risk is removed by putting in law a date prior to the 31st then they can have no argument.

They may wanting to harm Boris even more but the electorate will see through this imo. I’m a labour supporter all my life but I’m getting very frustrated with Labour over brexit. If the EU refuse an extension (as is reported this morning) we could still go out on the 31st and labour blamed for it because they delayed a GE!

I disagree, it’s the oppositions job to get and fight an election. If the only reason they give to delay is to stop a potential non deal brexit by parliamentary suspension, and this risk is removed by putting in law a date prior to the 31st then they can have no argument.

They may wanting to harm Boris even more but the electorate will see through this imo. I’m a labour supporter all my life but I’m getting very frustrated with Labour over brexit. If the EU refuse an extension (as is reported this morning) we could still go out on the 31st and labour blamed for it because they delayed a GE!

Anyone who blames Labour if we crash out on the 31st October wants to blame them.

Johnson will have to accept going to Brussels to beg for an extension, that humiliation is one of the prime drivers for refusing him a general election. How he spins it will be interesting to watch.

But the really interesting thing will be the Party Conferences. For Labour it will be a good opportunity to hone their Brexit policy and while there are dangers, there are more upside opportunities for them.

For the Tories! Jesus Christ! It'll be a shit show! The hang em and flog em membership that put the fat fool in Downing Street will go full throttle Brexit Party, fall off a cliff, Land of Hope and Glory on any back sliders, expect Dominic Grieve to be burned in effigy.

And the real peach, the Tories are holding their conference in Manchester! That'll be fun.[/QUOT

And you wonder why the tories are gas lighting the general public into believing that the opposition are holding the country back because they won't give Boris his election now so that he can shaft the country with a No deal Brexit. Watching this chancer squirm really is a pleasure right now there is no more fitting end when he actually has to fall on his sword and go begging to the EU for an extension.

Exactly if they are serious about blocking no deal or remaining or whatever the hell they have come up with today as their policy they could fight an election on 15 October and jezza can be prime minister on the 16th and do whatever he wants ( subject to parlaiment of course )

Anyone who blames Labour if we crash out on the 31st October wants to blame them.

If that happens, and it’s a big ‘if’. The Tories will blame them and make hay over it, because Labour will have egg on their face and lost their chance to do something about it. That’s why I think so long as an election is guaranteed in law to take place on the 15th, labour should agree to it. I believe it’s the right decision to make. If the Tories don’t put it in law to take place on the 15th, then I agree, delaying is the correct decision.

Exactly if they are serious about blocking no deal or remaining or whatever the hell they have come up with today as their policy they could fight an election on 15 October and jezza can be prime minister on the 16th and do whatever he wants ( subject to parlaiment of course )

A one week campaign! That would be fun.

If that happens, and it’s a big ‘if’. The Tories will blame them and make hay over it, because Labour will have egg on their face and lost their chance to do something about it. That’s why I think so long as an election is guaranteed in law to take place on the 15th, labour should agree to it. I believe it’s the right decision to make. If the Tories don’t put it in law to take place on the 15th, then I agree, delaying is the correct decision.

While we've been posting the BBC has reported....

Labour and other UK opposition parties agree not to back PM’s demand for general election before October EU summit

So it's not happening, even in "normal" times Labour wouldn't agree to a one week campaign.

I repeat, anyone who sees this impasse as Labour's fault wants to see it that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.