General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
There were (and are) members of Labour who have been Eurosceptics as far back as the 1960s. People say the Tory backbenchers it RW Tories (as well as UKIP) who sewed the seed of all this and the Tory front bench ran with it, but there have been people opposed to being part of the EU either fully or just the political side, on all sides of the political spectrum right from the start. Calls to leave the EU in some or all forms has been mooted within every government we’ve had since we joined the EU.
It’s just that the Conservatives went through with a referendum to leave this time around.
Ah I see Labour are as much to blame, it's "just that" the Tories went ahead with the referendum.
Bit like sayin' two blokes independently threatened to beat me up. One of them did - but they're both as much to blame, it's "just that" one of them did it

Never underestimate the determination of a quiet man.

The problem is we over estimated his sensibilities and let the lunatic run amok with his crazed ideas and authoritarian approach to the poor, the disabled and the displaced.

If Johnson is that desperate for help, he may as well ring Grayling and create the prefect triumvirate of inane stupidity

Our poor country, never has it needed a Labour government more than now.

Its amazing to think that the tory party thought only a few weeks ago that this guy some sort of genius who deliver their sacred No Deal Brexit. Not some Bonehead chancer who has had a his pants pulled down by parliament and is now getting his hat nailed on whilst he begs for an election. For all the lives that have been ruined by the tories have caused over the last 9 years I really hope they let him stew and destroy what is left of the sorry party.

I have always agreed with Corbyn's policies but have wavered in the past over his leadership skill. But this week has proven beyond doubt that he is ready to lead this country out of this tory mess that we are in.

It is an offence to conspire to break the law even if it comes to naught. Not entirely sure the Brexit Brains Trust has thought this one through.

These knuckle draggers don't think anything through they prorogued parliament to drive through no deal. Now they are totally boxed in because parliament has out foxed them.

The majority for the new extension was passed by 327 to 299 - a different result if you take 21 off the 327 and add it to the 299 though - doesn't need all of them either.
Yet that's not his parliamentary majority and therefore he can't rely on whipping enough votes.

I think the idea is it would be a redemption route for most of them, selflessly coming back into the fold to save the Tories from the clutches of the Brexit Party (as currently being engineered by the Comrades.) That prospect may even persuade Corbyn to go with his own basic instincts and support the FTPA dissolution after all.
To vote for a general election that they’re not allowed to stand in? Can’t see it myself.
On a lighter night note, it’s like Peter Swales has taken over politics with 3 elections in 4 years!

The rumour is they will table another motion in the event that fails, setting aside the FTPA and legislating for an October 15th election - single clause and simple majority bill.

Which will have all sorts of amendments tabled like votes for 16 year olds, etc..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.