General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Was interesting on here re the 'eyes poster' which some saw as being drummed up by the media. I wonder if anyone from the momentum wing used this to attack the 'Blairites'....sure I've seen it on the recent FB barrage. Funny how the brain 'remembers' things.
I bet all that 'Britain is full of thick cunts' has probably turned the stomach of a slightly left of centre labour supporter too.

Strange period though and probably subdued due to the fact that's it's Christmas week. I have a good friend (with a well paid job) who's dad was a minor and lost his job due to the closing of the pits (and he eventually lost his dad when he took his life). His bile towards the tories over the years was pretty strong and consistent (and would never entertain discussing them with tory voters) for obvious reasons. Guess who we voted for last week (both him and his brother were in tears over the decision). I believe Brexit was the main issue here, but other factors came into play.

It's all a bit of a queasy xmas but there's zilch point in doing anything but letting them get on with it now. This type of forum is ace as you can hear differing opinions (and are well moderated) the trouble is the social media platforms...effectively selling platforms for companies and 'celebrities' and echo chambers, but little else really (caveats to that).

He was and remains a class act. That he is loathed for taking with respect to Iraq, the toughest of decisions anyone could ever have to take (when I am certain he genuinely thought he was doing the right thing), is a great shame. It is also a great shame that he is also loathed for being rich and successful. A situation which sadly speaks volumes about the mentality of some Labour supporters. The bile coming from some of them in the BBC comments section for example, is quite appalling. It's almost like "how DARE he have earned a shed load of money".
Iraq the toughest of decisions?
There were no WMDs.
But still he went ahead.
The most catastrophic and disastrous foreign policy decision ever made by a British PM.
And look at the consequences that followed.
Class act.
Do me a favour.

He was and remains a class act. That he is loathed for taking with respect to Iraq, the toughest of decisions anyone could ever have to take (when I am certain he genuinely thought he was doing the right thing), is a great shame. It is also a great shame that he is also loathed for being rich and successful. A situation which sadly speaks volumes about the mentality of some Labour supporters. The bile coming from some of them in the BBC comments section for example, is quite appalling. It's almost like "how DARE he have earned a shed load of money".

The thing with Iraq is the Tories would have gone balls deep as well, it was a fucked up place doing unspeakable things to it’s own people. The aftermath was a shit show and the agreement with Brown was a problem that ultimately did for him along with a yank causIng global economic shit show. I would have him back in a heart beat.

The thing with Iraq is the Tories would have gone balls deep as well, it was a fucked up place doing unspeakable things to it’s own people. The aftermath was a shit show and the agreement with Brown was a problem that ultimately did for him along with a yank causIng global economic shit show. I would have him back in a heart beat.

Would you even if that meant remain?

I’m somewhat of a fan of Blair, only somewhat now.

But I wouldn’t have him back.

His and Jack Straw’s immigration policy, which for those that don’t know was to ban the word from Cabinet meetings and try and open up the doors to as many people as they possibly could, has been an utter disaster and has made the British public quite rightly resentful.

He oversaw mass liberalism that our culture cannot possibly recover from and he may well have been the final nail in the coffin for that culture.

That said he accomplished a lot.

Nowt says taking back control like selling off one of our biggest defence firms to a foreign country...

Nowt says strong leadership like sneaking out such huge news days before Christmas when the public have got nothing better to do...

Yay! Such a strong government.

Iraq the toughest of decisions?
There were no WMDs.
But still he went ahead.
The most catastrophic and disastrous foreign policy decision ever made by a British PM.
And look at the consequences that followed.
Class act.
Do me a favour.
Iraq was happening anyway. GW Bush was making sure of it. The question was are we with our biggest, closest and most powerful ally or do we leave them to do it on their own. The long term effects of not supporting the US would not only have been worse for Iraq (if that’s possible) but would have set back our relationship with the US. On the other hand, having seen recently how that relationship is being trashed due to Trump, it probably wouldn’t have mattered if we’d left them to it.
It wasn’t a straightforward decision by any means but it went through Parliament and got cross party support, so the consequences can’t just be pinned on Blair.

Would you even if that meant remain?

I’m somewhat of a fan of Blair, only somewhat now.

But I wouldn’t have him back.

His and Jack Straw’s immigration policy, which for those that don’t know was to ban the word from Cabinet meetings and try and open up the doors to as many people as they possibly could, has been an utter disaster and has made the British public quite rightly resentful.

He oversaw mass liberalism that our culture cannot possibly recover from and he may well have been the final nail in the coffin for that culture.

That said he accomplished a lot.

This is the thing with Blair he is not so entrenched with an ideology that it would blind his political nous. Immigration was wanted by Labour and the Tories for different reasons and it served a purpose. He would be more than capable of reigning it in if it suited. He is a big remainer but he would have probably managed it much better than most.

EMWjM01WkAAcsHt

40 years of elections, always been a eurosceptic element but interesting to see the rise of nationalism post 2001 election.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.