General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
Whilst I fully agree with the intent/spirit of what you mean in this post - there is an underlying issue that I have a problem with......

The party that these ultra-left fuckers have made irrelevant for many years to come is the party that so many of us - and out generations before us have supported

A lot of me thinks - just how fucking dare they hijack the Labour Party and essentially destroy it from within - just so they can have a home for their own narrow and purist thinking
It's a sad state of affairs for sure, Kinnock kicked out Militant Tendency, and following leaders benefited from that, Momentum
has got a strong grip now because of the membership fiasco, unless the rules are changed somehow, Labour have had it.

More great news.
We've been fracking in this country for 25years. It started at Whych Farm Dorset. Imo it gets a very bad press , those that shout the loudest but often know the least get heard the most and get their way. If you want to object to shale gas extraction based on CO2 release and global warming then fine. But claims of damage bring caused by earthquakes and pollution of aquifers has just not occurred so far. Minor seismic tremors arround 2 are less than a large hgv passing your house. I just wish the media would report this issue fairly, ie after every report of a quake where they interview protesters jumping up and down they should speak to someone at the BGS who can put some scientific context into the claims and debunk these myths.

Hello mate.
It's obvious that your world extends no further than your local Conservative club ( obligatory pictures of Thatcher and the Queen on the walls), so there's really no point responding to the points you made in your post.
While I'm on could I suggest you watch the modern adaptation of Scrooge that starts tonight on BBC 1 ( or the Alastair Sim version which is also doing the rounds on TV).
It's about humanity and mankind.
You might learn something about yourself.
Genuine question.. which Queen do they have on the wall in Labour Clubs... Eddie Izzard?

We've been fracking in this country for 25years. It started at Whych Farm Dorset. Imo it gets a very bad press , those that shout the loudest but often know the least get heard the most and get their way. If you want to object to shale gas extraction based on CO2 release and global warming then fine. But claims of damage bring caused by earthquakes and pollution of aquifers has just not occurred so far. Minor seismic tremors arround 2 are less than a large hgv passing your house. I just wish the media would report this issue fairly, ie after every report of a quake where they interview protesters jumping up and down they should speak to someone at the BGS who can put some scientific context into the claims and debunk these myths.
Agreed.
There are many things much worse for the environment than fracking to get worked up about.
Long term energy security and not having to rely on Russian imports of gas makes a few minor tremors that do no damage worthwhile.
For those suffering the minor inconvenience of these tremors, I’m sure that some financial compensation or free gas would alleviate most of their concerns.

Agreed.
There are many things much worse for the environment than fracking to get worked up about.
Long term energy security and not having to rely on Russian imports of gas makes a few minor tremors that do no damage worthwhile.
For those suffering the minor inconvenience of these tremors, I’m sure that some financial compensation or free gas would alleviate most of their concerns.
Also agree, the hysteria around this has been off the scale, a fracking site, once completed, is probably the most
environmentally sound, and aesthetically acceptable, energy source,compared to others, plus the Americans are now
pretty much well into it.

Just catching up - fuck that was spot on and he could have written it after spending some time on here;-)

The 10secs from 2.40 in particular echoes this forum

and the bit from 3.55 is absolutely aimed at a few on here - he surely must be a BM member
Haha, quality. Will they recognise themselves? Probably not ;)

No I want people to start seeing past the lies that are told...... the Tories will never be on your side ... ever
Fuck - are you still playing the "I hate the Tories and they are responsible for all the ills in world....." tune

As I catch-up - will I find any posts from you analysing why Corbyn/McDonnell got it so badly wrong and how they have acted to destroy the Labour Party

Surely that is what you should be obsessing about - otherwise the Tory party you hate will be causing you distress for the next 20 years

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.