General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I concede it is not a lie and apologise, however,you are insinuating that all Labour members are momentum members and vice versa which is wrong. Your neat little trick of adding / is disengeneous and you know it.

And even you must realise that having 500,000 members means nothing when it comes down to Parliamentary majority, the Tories have 240K or so are you saying the same about them.

I genuinely wasn't, just stating that the 500,000 membership of which some is made up with momentum members is all that matters.

Thanks for the honest reply.

But it begs the question, if you could vote for a Corbyn led Labour in 2017, why are you so vexed now?

Simply because on this issue, brexit, the EU he has about turned completely from his own lifelong stance and from that of his original promise to respect the result.

He has seen is simply as an opportunity to power grab which is fine and understandable other than at the time he finally gets his wish, a GE he runs for the hills.

Laughable.

Only the ideologically pure 500,000 momentum/members matter in reality.

The rest of us that have voted Labour all our lives can get to fuck.

Best of luck becoming a Government with a majority with those 500,000.....

I suppose some people will vote Labour regardless, and the same can be said of the Tories, but for me to change the party stance on such a huge issue seems well off. Brexit has been an exhaustive process for sure but I don’t believe all avenues with regards to getting a deal have been exhausted.

Its an interesting point, does the leader have to believe in the members choices? Do the members have to believe in the leaders points of view?

I would argue that in any broad church that would be nigh on impossible to achieve whether that is a party of the left or the right.

Normally I don’t think it would matter, I only think it’s an issue currently because of how principled Corbyn was as a backbencher. I’d actually rather he be more honest about his own principles even if they differ from the members, I don’t think he suits or ever has suited towing the party line, which isn’t surprising as he’s never had to do it before. Eu referendum and post it being a good example.

Brexit has been an exhaustive process for sure but I don’t believe all avenues with regards to getting a deal have been exhausted.

Bingo.

May the remainer backed by her remain Chancellor and team allowed the EU to hold the high ground from the off by taking talk of a trade deal off the table before the WA had been agreed and signed off.

Fucking useless and then we have had 3 years of remain MP's doing everything they can to scupper brexit and show the EU that they should hang tight as they will do all they can to fuck it up.

Normally I don’t think it would matter, I only think it’s an issue currently because of how principled Corbyn was as a backbencher. I’d actually rather he be more honest about his own principles even if they differ from the members, I don’t think he suits or ever has suited towing the party line, which isn’t surprising as he’s never had to do it before. Eu referendum and post it being a good example.

Those are fair points.

I still think he has been a very important leader of the Labour Party as he has wrestled the party back from the clutches of the Blairite neo-liberals.

I did hope he would come out and back leave, but at the time the Blairite wing still held the greater sway and that battle is not over yet but at least the next Labour leader starts from the left rather than the centre.

Those are fair points.

I still think he has been a very important leader of the Labour Party as he has wrestled the party back from the clutches of the Blairite neo-liberals.

I did hope he would come out and back leave, but at the time the Blairite wing still held the greater sway and that battle is not over yet but at least the next Labour leader starts from the left rather than the centre.

Yep I’d much rather he’d have given the left wing view for leave, which has essentially been non existent throughout any of the public debate (personally, I still wouldn’t have voted for it, but I will always advocate for as many different viewpoints as possible, I hate echo chambers, particularly my own!).

I was having the discussion today, who would be the next leader? I think labour can win on a similar manifesto to Corbyns, and if they had someone in without the baggage of previous associations, then that would bring a lot more votes too, as there are a few people that simply won’t vote for him regardless of the policies. I’m just not sure there is someone there on that side of the party to follow him, not yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.