General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I do agree that anyone in opposition can change their manifesto if they want to as ultimately their original one failed and they are not beholden to it. It doesn’t sit comfortably for me though when a backbencher who regularly voted against his own party’s pledges due to core principles doesn’t then keep as principled when in power. That’s what has caused some of the issues for labour recently, as it leads on to people not knowing whether the leader believes in their own party’s policies or not.

Corbyn.........

FeistyTornAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Momentum has an estimated 40k members(2018 figures), not 500K and is a campaign group, and not all of the 40K are Labour Party members. You can be a member of momemtum without being a Labour Party member and vice versa.

Momentum was also initially Brexit neutral, although with many of the members in my opinion being to the left of Corbyn they were more likely to be LEXIT supporters.

If you are going to tell lies, try and tell good ones.

It wasn't a lie.

I very clearly said momentum/members which in my book says the 500,000 is made up of those two groups.

Am I wrong?

I do agree that anyone in opposition can change their manifesto if they want to as ultimately their original one failed and they are not beholden to it. It doesn’t sit comfortably for me though when a backbencher who regularly voted against his own party’s pledges due to core principles doesn’t then keep as principled when in power. That’s what has caused some of the issues for labour recently, as it leads on to people not knowing whether the leader believes in their own party’s policies or not.

Its an interesting point, does the leader have to believe in the members choices? Do the members have to believe in the leaders points of view?

I would argue that in any broad church that would be nigh on impossible to achieve whether that is a party of the left or the right.

Has Liz really got to give a Queen's speech on October 14 which sets out a legislative programme for a Government with a majority of minus 42, when everyone knows there will be a general election the following month?
At best it could be a little bit embarrassing for Lillibet, at worse somewhat compromising as it will be seen as the monarch reading out the Tory manifesto for the next election.
'ckin hell Jeff.
The whole thing has put her in a shitty position,she is in her mid 90's and boris is taking the piss out of her

Only the ideologically pure 500,000 momentum/members matter in reality.

The rest of us that have voted Labour all our lives can get to fuck.

Best of luck becoming a Government with a majority with those 500,000.....

It wasn't a lie.

I very clearly said momentum/members which in my book says the 500,000 is made up of those two groups.

Am I wrong?

I concede it is not a lie and apologise, however,you are insinuating that all Labour members are momentum members and vice versa which is wrong. Your neat little trick of adding / is disengeneous and you know it.

And even you must realise that having 500,000 members means nothing when it comes down to Parliamentary majority, the Tories have 240K or so are you saying the same about them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.