General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
the fat fool will pitch himself to the British public as their champion, standing for them, against the traitorous Commons.
Given that the public are in the main pretty pissed off with all MPs and politics in general, this might not be a bad plan.

Given that the public are in the main pretty pissed off with all MPs and politics in general, this might not be a bad plan.

Agreed.

Johnson is ahead in the polls, he's stolen the Brexit Party's hard line no deal clothes, so it's all systems go.

It's by no means certain he'd win, but he's a chancer and he really doesn't have much option, for all his bluff and bluster he's actually in a pretty weak position, the numbers he inherited from May give him no wriggle room.

But if you and I agree on this, when we rarely agree on anything, his opposition know it too, they may yet surprise us.

Blair set piece speech just now - a battle cry to all Remainers to stop the coming GE at all costs = Boris' Elephant (Corbyn) Trap - a second referendum must come first he says.

Probably because he fears Boris might very well win a GE and then have a strong mandate for Brexit on any terms. Ref2 might well see Brexit killed off.

I think there's no chance of a second referendum at this point however.

Agreed.

Johnson is ahead in the polls, he's stolen the Brexit Party's hard line no deal clothes, so it's all systems go.

It's by no means certain he'd win, but he's a chancer and he really doesn't have much option, for all his bluff and bluster he's actually in a pretty weak position, the numbers he inherited from May give him no wriggle room.

But if you and I agree on this, when we rarely agree on anything, his opposition know it too, they may yet surprise us.

The Brexit Party says hi.

That is 12 to 15% of the vote that May got that Johnson ain’t getting back.

Agreed.

An election would potentially deliver a stronger leave presence which surely no-one wants? The Tories would likely deselect problem MP's and pressure MP's like Soubry will likely lose their seats.

It won't boil down to party level like everyone thinks. The make up of seats and who in particular wins those seats is extremely important and is all that matters.

Even if the Tories don't gain a majority but return the exact same seats then it is over because they could have 316 leavers fully behind Johnson instead of the current bare majority with faction split.

If you want to stop no deal then an election is quite possibly the worst way to go about it.

Remainers underestimated the forces that were at work in the referendum and I really do think they are doing it again.

He will if they don't stand.
And they won't wherever the Tory candidate is on side. The remainder/anti-no deal Tories will lose the whip and therefore cannot stand. New onside candidates will be selected. Brexit Party will fight leave labour seats and will pick up a few. Con/brexit will have the numbers in the end.

A forced GE was always Bojos trump card because the people vs parliament is a delicious line to run on given how shabby the current crop of MPs on both sides are.

1653 all over again.
It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

He will if they don't stand.

Why would Farage not stand? What does Farage get out of that? Or do you mean only stand in Labour seats? In which case the same applies. Brexit Party votes come predominantly from Tory voters. Brexit Party standing in Labour seats mainly dilutes the Tory vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.