General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
But if he removes the whip from anyone who doesn’t vote with him tonight, he’s bolloxed.
No not really. The government doesn't fall unless (a) there's a confidence motion and (b) they lose it.

Which side of the house an individual is sitting on is immaterial, it's how they vote in a confidence motion that matters. MPs have been ignoring their whips to unprecedented degree anyway.

I actually respect Johnson for at least having the bollocks to try to get this finished. I think people are just completely fucked off with it all now. I know I am.

Would you have the same respect for him if he said ‘Leaving is a mistake. Let’s revoke and get on with our lives ‘

No not really. The government doesn't fall unless (a) there's a confidence motion and (b) they lose it.

Which side of the house an individual is sitting on is immaterial, it's how they vote in a confidence motion that matters. MPs have been ignoring their whips to unprecedented degree anyway.
Chipster, as a staunch pro EU remain Tory if you were an MP you would presumably be voting (as a man of principle) against the Government tonight.
N'est ce pas ?

Bracknell voted Leave, with more than 76 per cent of people turning out to vote.
He will lose his seat in a GE.
They did indeed, but it wasn't a huge margin.

53.9 % leave
46.1% remain

As the Mp said today he's listened to his constituents and they really don't want a no deal, also Bracknell has now swung the other way as polls have it as 53% remain. So I guess we'll find out soon enough.

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/bracknell-has-changed-its-mind-on-brexit-says-new-poll/

Utter made up, fact free claptrap ...!
Most of the remainer crap spouted is 100% baseless conjecture...

Facts and forecasts from leading heads of major industry’s and even the governments own analysis- rather take there word than those that say ‘don’t listen to them, we’ll be fine’

It's not a binary.

Politics is at a low ebb, not least because of the turgid personalities which seem to be endemic. And the country is clearly suffering from impaired public services after a long period of constrained public spending. (No need to get into any debate about whether this was necessary or not. I happen to believe it was necessary, but that is not the point, it's happened.)

But if the economy continues to grow and as we continue to get debt under control, there is more room for public spending and the plight of the less-well-off will improve, and attitudes will change.

Is "the system" structurally broken? No. Would replacing it with some neo-communist ideal a la McDonnell, improve things? Categorically not. There might be some very short term uplift for the poorest whilst he went on his tax and spend spree, but it would be unsustainable and would utlimately make EVERYONE worse off, with the poor feeling it the most. More people unemployed and even worse public services. How anyone can look at nations like Russia and think "yes please, I want some of that" is quite beyond me.
And still you bang on about Mcdonnell.

I thought I was obsessed with that horrible **** Johnson, bit you out obsess me easily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.