General Election - December 12th, 2019

Who will you vote for in the 2019 General Election?

• Conservative

Votes: 160 30.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 230 44.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 59 11.4%
  • Green Party

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Brexit Party

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Plaid Cymru/SNP

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.1%

• Total voters
I’m not sure labour or the conservatives would actually do well in a election right now

Both of them and parliament in general look a mess. I think most people are fed up of all of them. Sack the lot

We were asked leave or stay - that simple

so why didn't we walk the morning after if it was that simple? Trade on the allegedly advantageous WTO rules and tell the EU they were getting nowt £££ but we expected full access to their market whilst at the same time closing our borders and giving the NHS £250 pw? That broad range of conclusions would have - simply - satisfied probably 95% of the 17.4m. I mean Leave was simple wasn't it?

so why didn't we walk the morning after if it was that simple? Trade on the allegedly advantageous WTO rules and tell the EU they were getting nowt £££ but we expected full access to their market whilst at the same time closing our borders and giving the NHS £250 pw? That broad range of conclusions would have - simply - satisfied probably 95% of the 17.4m. I mean Leave was simple wasn't it?

Soz - your on ignore!

I’m not sure labour or the conservatives would actually do well in a election right now

Both of them and parliament in general look a mess. I think most people are fed up of all of them. Sack the lot

Johnson himself has a small majority - would love to see a poll from his constituency in the morning - could make grim reading for him.

We were asked leave or stay - that simple

I know, but it was an impossible question. Cameron expected a stay answer so he didn’t bother giving enough thought to what ‘leave’ meant. And so it wasn’t a good enough referendum to have in isolation - unless there was for example going to be a follow up one, which identified the different leave options, if that’s way the initial vote way.

To just keep repeating, ‘but we voted leave’ is too simplistic and is ultimately pointless,
because it doesn’t address all the questions an initial “leave” vote them prompts: leave how, on what terms, etc etc

Yeah, I didn't fight in two world wars, I'll admit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.