General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...hment_data/file/208633/mou_royal_taxation.pdf

1.10 In relation to assets which can properly be regarded as private, the arrangements provide that inheritance tax will not be paid on gifts or bequests from one Sovereign to the next, but will be payable on gifts and bequests to anyone else. Tax will also not be payable on assets passing to the Sovereign on the death of a consort of a former Sovereign. The reasons for not taxing assets passing to the next Sovereign are that private assets such as Sandringham and Balmoral have official as well as private use, and that the Monarchy as an institution needs sufficient private resources to enable it to continue to perform its traditional role in national life, and to have a degree of financial independence from the Government of the day.

Thanks

It is fundamentally different though. The relationship between the UK government and a foreign company doesn't fundamentally change depending on whether that company is state or privately owned. It makes little difference to us whether EDF is state or privately owned, it would be treated just the same with regard to its UK operations.

The relationship between the UK government and a state owned UK company is fundamentally different to its relationship with UK private companies. With state ownership come conflicts of interest. When setting prices for state owned businesses there is the obvious conflict that lower prices mean reduced income for the government. Governments are more likely to interfere in wage settlements in a state owned company than private companies. In the past, governments have interfered in capital investment decisions purely for political reasons.

The Germans, Dutch and French don't seem to have many problems with wage settlements, reasonable fares or efficient running. There is no conflict of interest there, because it is a common interest.

The East Coast mainline had two failed Private franchises so it was taken in to public control. Since then it has put £1Billion into the UK treasury, far more than the tax being paid by any other private ones. So what are the Cons going to do now? Yep, that's right, they're going to sell it off. Again.

Ludicrous. Take your pick on sources... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=e...6KABw#q=east+coast+main+line+public+ownership

Do we not trust our own government, businesses and people to run these things properly? Seems like an unpatriotic lack of confidence in our own abilities and and people, and makes me wonder why the fuck are we leaving the EU, if EU nations can do it better?

The extra money we make can then go to improving/extending the infrastructure (in this country, not Germany), or we could lower the fares, you know, to make it better and more affordable for everyone in our country. Or it just goes to the treasury to fund care for pensioners in their own homes, when they're ill or dying, so they don't instead have to pay Mother Theresa's Death Tax. You know, shit like that.

Please tell me where these foreign, state-owned "private" companies are adding that much more value for it to "make little difference" that they're making money out of us. Are the railways, water and energy companies in this country a roaring success in private hands..?

Despite The Germans, French, Dutch et al being able to do it, The British can't? Even though we can, and do, but when we do, it's sold off, again.

I had to check this wasn't a troll or parody account when I saw this tweet. The Tory's are just trolling at this point.

This country is going to be on its absolute knees in 5 years time. Everything is getting worse all the time. Absolutely nothing is improving or getting better.

I can understand voting for them if you're wealthy and don't want to lose a single penny more, but if you're not then you're just voting against your own self interests as a human being.

Genuinely, Theresa May wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire. She's married to a trillionairee business man, the sort that is befitting from tax cuts for the rich, while everyone else has to survive the cuts.

The Germans, Dutch and French don't seem to have many problems with wage settlements, reasonable fares or efficient running. There is no conflict of interest there, because it is a common interest.

The East Coast mainline had two failed Private franchises so it was taken in to public control. Since then it has put £1Billion into the UK treasury, far more than the tax being paid by any other private ones. So what are the Cons going to do now? Yep, that's right, they're going to sell it off. Again.

Ludicrous. Take your pick on sources... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=e...6KABw#q=east+coast+main+line+public+ownership

Do we not trust our own government, businesses and people to run these things properly? Seems like an unpatriotic lack of confidence in our own abilities and and people, and makes me wonder why the fuck are we leaving the EU, if EU nations can do it better?

The extra money we make can then go to improving/extending the infrastructure (in this country, not Germany), or we could lower the fares, you know, to make it better and more affordable for everyone in our country. Or it just goes to the treasury to fund care for pensioners in their own homes, when they're ill or dying, so they don't instead have to pay Mother Theresa's Death Tax. You know, shit like that.

Please tell me where these foreign, state-owned "private" companies are adding that much more value for it to "make little difference" that they're making money out of us. Are the railways, water and energy companies in this country a roaring success in private hands..?

Despite The Germans, French, Dutch et al being able to do it, The British can't? Even though we can, and do, but when we do, it's sold off, again.
German and french rail strikes have been common place in the last few years.
You just haven't noticed them.

I had to check this wasn't a troll or parody account when I saw this tweet. The Tory's are just trolling at this point.

This country is going to be on its absolute knees in 5 years time. Everything is getting worse all the time. Absolutely nothing is improving or getting better.

I can understand voting for them if you're wealthy and don't want to lose a single penny more, but if you're not then you're just voting against your own self interests as a human being.

Genuinely, Theresa May wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire. She's married to a trillionairee business man, the sort that is befitting from tax cuts for the rich, while everyone else has to survive the cuts.

Have you read the manifesto?

Have you read the manifesto?

It's what brought on my comments more than the tweet.

It's shockingly bad, even the BBC political correspondent who is a staunch Tory and has been in trouble with the ethics committee this year for misrepresenting Labour and Corbyn, seemed taken back by it.

So the twats are taking peoples houses again to pay for their social care after they have paid into the system all their lives. The £100,000 threshold is ridiculously low and penalises the poorer in society.

Because it smacks of Blairism

Like I say, if you're loaded then you're better off voting Tory, always have been.

If you're not wealthy, your public services will get worse, more will become homeless and deprived, more will use food banks to survive, local town centres will decay and all while the rich get their tax breaks.

I'm not saying anything new, shocking or controversial here as that's who they are and what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.