General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do Labour, the greens and whoever else think raising corporation tax will actually achieve I do not know. We are seeing the highest corporation tax receipts at this current rate, what do they not understand by this. It sounds good, slapping increased tax rates on big business but it in fact will have a negative effect on the economy. One of the main reasons I will vote Conservative. They will make this country competitive post-brexit. Whereas under labour we will not be an attractive destination for large corporations.

I thought SME's were the back bone and job creators of our economy? Why pander to large multinationals and help them to dodge tax and off shore money whilst creating little for our economy? Is it Starbucks or Costa who are taxed in Luxembourg? How many coffee shops creating barrista jobs do you think they have there?

Returning the corp tax to the level it was a couple of years back will still have it lower than most countries, no business is going to suddenly piss off because of it.

No but why? We are receiving more in tax receipts now then we did back then? There seems to be a desire to punish these large corporations. We are now the No. 1 country in Europe for FDI why change that by increasing corporation tax?

Their was the bbc didn't pick it youguv or ipso (cannot remember which) invited them from different sections based on their reply to a question on who they were.voting for or undecided, plus a 50/50 split remain aand exit.

It was announced at the start.

Rudd got booed because she was talking shite

Rudd got booed coz she wasn't May. Had May shown up she would have been roundly booed too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.