General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an ex Soldier who served in bandit country, talks always needed to take place with the republicans, unless that is you wanted to exterminate them like the Nazis.
Who did he speak to on the Protestant side to secure peace? He didn't because he was an IRA supporter.

They were the political wing of the IRA, hence the close relationship between Adams and McGuiness.

I'm fully aware of the history and I know how sore it is for many people that they have a place at Stormont. But whatever anyone thinks, they are an elected political party and they could have a big say in this election should they so desire, which they won't.

Who did he speak to on the Protestant side to secure peace? He didn't because he was an IRA supporter.
Initially we had John Major mediating between the Unionists/Paisley and the Republicans/Adams/McGiness, then Blair saw the chance for some glory when it looked like a deal was in the offing along with Bill Blowjob from America, who had been happily funding the "IRA Freedom Fighters".

Initially we had John Major mediating between the Unionists/Paisley and the Republicans/Adams/McGiness, then Blair saw the chance for some glory when it looked like a deal was in the offing along with Bill Blowjob from America, who had been happily funding the "IRA Freedom Fighters".

Margret Thatcher was talking to the IRA long before Major
Margaret Thatcher gave her personal approval to secret talks between government officials and the IRA leadership in 1990, setting in a train a dialogue which led to the Northern Ireland peace process.

Just wondering about this. Have I assumed wrong that most people have a preferred party and will generally vote for them and if they don't think the current leadership, important members etc is much good then abstain from voting?

Just interesting to see how many undecided people there were on a small segment on Daily Politics. That suggests to me that some people flip between parties on an election by election basis. And the most likely flip is between the main two parties namely Labour and Conservatives which makes little sense to me as their policies are generally pretty different...

Just wondering about this. Have I assumed wrong that most people have a preferred party and will generally vote for them and if they don't think the current leadership, important members etc is much good then abstain from voting?

Just interesting to see how many undecided people there were on a small segment on Daily Politics. That suggests to me that some people flip between parties on an election by election basis. And the most likely flip is between the main two parties namely Labour and Conservatives which makes little sense to me as their policies are generally pretty different...

I reckon most people will vote for the same party regardless of leader/policies etc.

Margret Thatcher was talking to the IRA long before Major
Margaret Thatcher gave her personal approval to secret talks between government officials and the IRA leadership in 1990, setting in a train a dialogue which led to the Northern Ireland peace process.

Imagine how many lives could have been saved had she taken Corbyn's stance and spoken with Sinn Fein in 1983/84!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.