General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
School

at least make an effort to cut off the funding and try and create dialogue about their human rights, not turn a blind eye because we can profit from some oil deals.

Do you know something we don't, is there direct evidence of the Saudi government directly financing terrorism? Or is this really just anti-war left wing propaganda that people like to believe. I have no doubt there will be some indirect funding but again no-one knows the true extent.

Saudi financing isn't just oil deals, it directly and indirectly supports tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs in the UK including my own. Those deals also bring tens of billions into the economy which ironically through taxation is directly financing institutions such as the NHS.

It always makes me laugh that the left is quick to say Islam is not a terrorist religion yet it is just as quick in saying the Saudi's (the strictest Islamic nation on Earth) are funding it all.

Stopping dealing with the Saudi's is akin to chopping down a really big magic money tree.

Last edited:
Imagine how many lives could have been saved had she taken Corbyn's stance and spoken with Sinn Fein in 1983/84!
It's fair comment, but with the benefit of hindsight you could say that about most conflicts, don't forget, the political climate of the time, and, the reaction of certain sections of the public if such talks had taken place.

It's fair comment, but with the benefit of hindsight you could say that about most conflicts, don't forget, the political climate of the time, and, the reaction of certain sections of the public if such talks had taken place.

Of course. My point is that Corbyn was not on the wrong side of history as he's being painted. He is a man of peace and he tries to do that in a way that not everyone agrees with. He's an idealist, a dreamer even but he does it all with the right intentions and who's to say that his way isn't the right way considering his stance on past conflicts.

I reckon most people will vote for the same party regardless of leader/policies etc.

See I'm coming across people where they're like "Corbyn is useless etc so I'm changing my vote to the Tories because they're the only electable party". I reckon these people feel they have to vote whatever if it means voting against what they really believe in. I perosmaly can't make any sense of that line of thinking at all.

But he wasn't talking with the other side nor did his talks result in anything. He wasn't a mediator in any respect. He just had sympathy with their cause.
He did act as a mediator though. As I understand it he played a crucial role in getting acceptance for the Good Friday agreement from key members of the IRA who were in prison. He was considered trustworthy by the IRA so was a useful conduit.

See I'm coming across people where they're like "Corbyn is useless etc so I'm changing my vote to the Tories because they're the only electable party". I reckon these people feel they have to vote whatever if it means voting against what they really believe in. I perosmaly can't make any sense of that line of thinking at all.

That is people that have been brainwashed by the media. Even if the point is true in their eyes, the words used are always very similar and things we've all seen and heard for the past year at least.

I would say that people that change from Tory to Labour or vice versa would be a pretty small minority. If people are disillusioned with either of the two main parties I presume Labour voters would look to the Lib Dems or refrain and Cons would look to UKIP to refrain. I have no facts to back this up, just a guess.

He did act as a mediator though. As I understand it he played a crucial role in getting acceptance for the Good Friday agreement from key members of the IRA who were in prison. He was considered trustworthy by the IRA so was a useful conduit.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Corbyn refused to recognise the Good Friday agreement. That is to say he did not agree with it!

I don't see how anyone can vote for the Tories, they are so obviously lying through their teeth, repeating the same shit until people believe it. She's still saying Corbyn will form a coalition with SNP, he's outright said no chance that would happen. They keep saying Labour will have uncontrolled immigration and haven't costed anything - they have managed immigration and detailed costings (with safety net) set out in the Labour manifesto! The Tories' whole campaign is based around attacking Jeremy Corbyn the individual and outright lying about their political rivals. She's also repeating all the same bullshit she came out with when she became PM that she believes in Britain and will stand for the families just about managing, giving education opportunities for all etc. when she's shown the complete opposite. She wants to bring back fox hunting and take away a guaranteed meal for every kid when their parents might be struggling to put food on the table with surges in food back usage under her party's govt ffs! Corps fund Tories, Tories strip away national services to sell off to those funders. Fucking shameful, detestable people relying on brazen psychological tactics that anyone with any intelligence should be able to see right through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.