General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to your main point about being conned I would argue you are the one being conned. Dressing up support of the IRA as him somehow implementing his own peace process even though he had no power to do so is a repositioning of his support of the IRA. You believe otherwise.

All it proves is you believe the PR you want to believe, depending on what side of the fence you sit. Ultimately, I have no concrete proof of is intentions, I wasn't in the room when he introduced the Hamas terrorist group as friends. All I do know is that irrespective of trying to open a productive dialogue never in a million years would I greet murdering terrorists as 'friends'

Call me cynical, he's trying to get elected, and he knows his historical views make him unelectable you choose to believe Labour's damage limitation exercise and repositioning. We will never agree.
I didn't indicate his own peace process but British politicians making the effort to come across as human beings rather than "the enemy" where the extremities so easily escalated after each side's atrocities trying to outdo one another in revenge, helped bring them down from that level of bitterness to the negotiating table. If you think there is any other way to do that and FIX the problem with whole communities, be my guest and explain.

Clearly with your attitude you would be totally incapable of employing such a tactic because they would see right through you.

We could just sort this with the simple question of:

a) Do you give a fuck about the NHS or not?

- If not: vote Tory/UKIP
- If you don't want a future moving towards being saddled with debt for receiving basic healthcare: vote for any major party that aren't Tory/UKIP.
missed that in the manifesto.

Hang on mate , who's 'we'?
Coming from a non UK resident that's a bit rich.
Believe it or not a lot of English/Welsh/NI voters want to preserve the Union.
It's not you, that's for sure, strange you think it might have been.

Believe or not, lots of the English would happily wave goodbye to the nationalistic moaning pinko Scots. It's a two way street and it's interesting you pull me up and not Magic.

Them leaving makes it difficult for Labour, that's for sure. And England is traditionally blue.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, her past does paint her in a poor light, and I don't mean for the correction to be "you can't use this to bash the Tories"! Just that when quotes are used they are used in the correct context. It annoys me when they do it about Corbyn and Labour and I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say anything when the same was done to Conservative MP's too. :)
Yep deceitfulness is a character flaw that grates badly with me. It could have genuinely been an unconscious mistake easily made in that instance though. Corbyn's answers have repeatedly been cut without the context and branded onto newspaper headlines.

A frustrating aspect of the modern age, though it no doubt happened before too, just most people didn't have the resources to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.