General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
28bu334.jpg
If they showed the roots to that tree they'd be withering away

your diatribe about it having holes, any chance we can see the costed policies of the tory party?

I've said on here already that I am disgusted with Theresa May's campaign, and them being so arrogant as to not bother trying to explain how their (albeit very limited in comparison to yours) spending plans will be funded, is shameful. But that's to deflect from what I was discussing.

I was talking about the Labour imaginary money tree and it's bug-eaten imaginary apples. It is Labour who are planning to splash our cash; it is Labour who have a 100 year history of financial mismanagement. Labour's number do not add up and cannot be trusted, AS USUAL.

Anyone who thinks we can raise £19bn extra in corporation tax just like that, is a cuckoo in that daft tree. 5% extra tax yielding £6.4bn. Absolute poppycock. Yes, many people on PAYE and perhaps salaries under £200k or so will have to pay it, so it will probably raise about £3bn. But the other £3bn will never materialise because someone on £100m a year has 27 homes in 19 different countries and only spends a few week a year here anyway, so they will simply decamp somewhere else, as has been demonstrated to be the case in the past.

Labour's tax and spend proposals are ludicrous Ken.

I get it though. They are necessarily ludicrous, because Jerry is so hell bent on spending more on everything come what may, he has to try to pretend he can get the money from somewhere. I imagine he knows full went it all doesn't add up.

David Davis on migration target

Earlier on Thursday, policing minister Brandon Lewis said that cutting net migration to the tens of thousands – included in the manifesto – should happen “over the course of the next parliament”. That’s 2022, presuming we get a five-year parliament next time round.

The prime minister, quizzed about Lewis’ comment, agreed:

That’s what we’re working for.

But David Davis David, on Question Time, seemed to row back from the 2022 goal:

That wasn’t actually in the manifesto, it was ‘we will bring it down’, we didn’t say, we didn’t put a date.

We would like to do it in the parliament, but I think, you know, it will be dictated by a number of things.

The economy, the speed with which we can get our own people trained up to take the jobs, the changes in the welfare to encourage people to work.

A whole series of things which were designed to ensure this is an economically successful policy.

[It’s] the aim, yes, but we can’t promise within five years, that’s the point.

May sets out her 12-point Brexit Plan

The PM sets out her 12-point for a brighter Brexit, which stretched the definition of plan with "points" including:
  • 1. Provide certainty and clarity.
  • 3. Strengthen the union.
  • 5. Control immigration.
  • 12. Deliver a smooth orderly exit from the EU.
While this sets the Tories apart from parties pledging uncertainty, obfuscation and an unruly stampede to the emergency brexits, it does still leave a few questions unanswered. Such as: yes, but what are you actually going to do?

They're taking their supporters for granted, they think they're fools and will swallow anything..

Absolutely spot on Chippy. There are people in the country who actually understand the reason the Tories make the tough decisions they do.
Yes there are. They're called "the rich", who benefit from low taxes, have private medical insurance and send their kids to private school. They also make huge donations to the Tories and expect a payback when previously public services get privatised.

You mean it sympathised with self determination for the Irish then bemoaned the compromise of a divided country that led to a civil war between those who accepted that and those that didn't? Sorry I don't want to divert the thread back onto Irish history but I can't recall the film taking a particular "side" in its point of view.

That would be a dead disabled strawman you typical Tory.

http://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/maximus-admits-using-brutal-and-dangerous-suicide-questions/
It was the way the pro British element were portrayed as foul mouthed brutal/violent whereas the " freedom fighters" were hard pressed saintly people fighting oppression the best way they could, Kens known for his anti British stance on this and made no apologies for the way he directed the film after much critism from the press.

Really?
I have never said that I hate the Labour party, I used to vote for them, yet all I see on here is 'Tory cunts'
'May is an evil fucking witch' and other vitriolic, vicious pejoratives, from people with the same political
views as yourself. All this hatred appears to come from one side, Corbyn is mocked as an ineffectual idealistic
buffoon, with the added disquiet attached to someone who supported a truly hateful organisation, but the bile is
generally spewed by his supporters.
As for miserablist, I'm never affected by depression or dark musings, it seems the only ones effing and blinding
and pulling their collective barnets out are your fellow lefties,

As a
David Davis on migration target

Earlier on Thursday, policing minister Brandon Lewis said that cutting net migration to the tens of thousands – included in the manifesto – should happen “over the course of the next parliament”. That’s 2022, presuming we get a five-year parliament next time round.

The prime minister, quizzed about Lewis’ comment, agreed:

That’s what we’re working for.

But David Davis David, on Question Time, seemed to row back from the 2022 goal:

That wasn’t actually in the manifesto, it was ‘we will bring it down’, we didn’t say, we didn’t put a date.

We would like to do it in the parliament, but I think, you know, it will be dictated by a number of things.

The economy, the speed with which we can get our own people trained up to take the jobs, the changes in the welfare to encourage people to work.

A whole series of things which were designed to ensure this is an economically successful policy.

[It’s] the aim, yes, but we can’t promise within five years, that’s the point.

May sets out her 12-point Brexit Plan

The PM sets out her 12-point for a brighter Brexit, which stretched the definition of plan with "points" including:
  • 1. Provide certainty and clarity.
  • 3. Strengthen the union.
  • 5. Control immigration.
  • 12. Deliver a smooth orderly exit from the EU.
While this sets the Tories apart from parties pledging uncertainty, obfuscation and an unruly stampede to the emergency brexits, it does still leave a few questions unanswered. Such as: yes, but what are you actually going to do?

They're taking their supporters for granted, they think they're fools and will swallow anything..

It really feels like the Tories are new to their jobs - they're all over the place.

Yes there are. They're called "the rich", who benefit from low taxes, have private medical insurance and send their kids to private school. They also make huge donations to the Tories and expect a payback when previously public services get privatised.

I am not rich PB. In fact I've been unemployed for 12 months. But I know what a sure fire recipe for economic failure looks like, and it looks like this

The-Labour-Party-Autumn-Conference-2015-Day-3

I am not rich PB. In fact I've been unemployed for 12 months. But I know what a sure fire recipe for economic failure looks like, and it looks like this

The-Labour-Party-Autumn-Conference-2015-Day-3

I've had the dubious pleasure of reading most of your posts and I can assure you....You don't

Good luck with getting a job, I mean it, I've been there and it's not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.