General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May was a remainer, so using your logic she cannot be trusted.

and yes Corbyn is addressing hospitals, schools and social care, widely reported in the press.
Corbyn voted against his own party whip over 500 times so he can hardly be called trustworthy when he doesn't even agree with his own colleagues. Funny how he now wants everyone to agree with him

Its not a subsidy. It never was, it's a portion of our own money. This Tory knows it.

Our money . You mean the uks money. You are totally ridiculous along with your argument. Full of contradictions and hypocissy between threads. And any question that boxes you in you just evade. As others have pointed out your a veltic auporting nationalist scot coming onto a English football forum just to wind up English. Without doubt you are one of the biggest trolls on this site. Pretty pathetic really.

Does anyone have thoughts either way on TV debates?
It's an American thing, leave it to the Yanks, most people made their mind up within 5 minutes of the announcement yesterday who they are going to vote for, it's like buying a new house, you know it's for you as soon as you walk in

I think the four main parties and the SNP should attend.

I don't really have an opinion either way but the PM has a lot to lose - it would also give a platform for the SNP to bang on about independence rather than the wider points of the election

Also, I see enough of Corbyn on PMQs to know that there is a fair chance he could do even more damage to himself and the party

they're part of modern electoral discourse. the reason she won't participate is that she's the only one with anything to lose. who knows, by not participating she might not get the majority she thinks she'll get.

i mean, i doubt it because corbyn is utterly unelectable, but one can dream.

May was a remainer, so using your logic she cannot be trusted.

and yes Corbyn is addressing hospitals, schools and social care, widely reported in the press.

Corbyn is addressing these by saying he will borrow half a trillion. He hasn't said where that money will come from nor how this helps to address the trillions of debt we already have.

This is why many regard him as clueless, I'd go for him if he found a way to pump billions into the NHS and public services in a logical and reasoned manner, I have yet to hear anything on that. He will throw caution to the wind for an ideology which is against a capitalist society but which ironically must be funded by a capitalist way of thinking. If he is unwilling to be balanced then how can he ever hope to gather even the slightest bit of trust. Why will millions of people risk their house, pensions, jobs etc?

To win he needs to overturn the many seats Labour lost last time around due to mistrust and are those people going to change that decision in the next month? It is quite literally impossible. His only real possible vote winner would be a clear policy on Brexit and as of now he has no policy for Brexit.

I think Labour are destined for one of the worst election defeats in recent history. I have listened to the radio today and by the sounds of it anyone who previously voted UKIP is now going to vote Tory, anyone who voted Labour will go either UKIP or Tory and anyone else will either not vote or scattergun between the Lib Dems and Greens.

Love that the media and people are already setting up the only subject in this GE is our exit of a trading partnership.

Whatever the result of them negotiations we still need in power a government that will sort out the unequal rental market, sort out the mess of the NHS, care for the sick, disabled and those with mental health problems, bulid affordable housing for all, re-invest in manufacturing and nationalise our rail while having tighter controls on the energy comanies ripping off of the public.
Build schools and tackle the shote academy and free school system.

Leaving the EU is a big deal, but we were here before we were in it and we will survive leaving it, spending the next 7 weeks making this the only way you choose your vote will let the tories get their landslide, and do nothig to improve our negoting power bar the old bag not being scared of her own backbenchers revolting against her.

For Labour it is the kobayashi maru, a no win situation, but losing now while not running away from a fight, or waiting 3 years with the same PLP knobs sniping could have led to a complete wipeout.

Anyone who cares for this country and it's communites of people from all 4 nations and different social standing should remember what these tories and the cowardly, duplicitous liar may have done and be out backing labour, lib dems and greens and fighting to fuck these scumbags out of government.

Btw think maybe would be better having a seperate thread where we (if we wantd to ) declare our voting intentions and constituency with a poll to gague the general bluemoon feeling without all the slagging of each other off, so vote in poll state constiuency if wanted no other comments or negative replies to another post, a place of civilized calm.

then this thread can be left unmoderated to prevent bannings, as I cannot see it lasting till june.

Our money . You mean the uks money. You are totally ridiculous along with your argument. Full of contradictions and hypocissy between threads. And any question that boxes you in you just evade. As others have pointed out your a veltic auporting nationalist scot coming onto a English football forum just to wind up English. Without doubt you are one of the biggest trolls on this site. Pretty pathetic really.
Not going to get involved in this thread as a whole, but i'd like to quickly point out that there's plenty of unprovoked attacks, derogatory comments and stereotyping against Scots, Scotland and our political leaders, on this thread and others. It's natural to want to defend your countries reputation, especially when you feel a lot of the comments are ignorant. It's like when watching journalists talk about City, to us they seem to be chatting a lot of shit and we feel they're ill-informed due to not actually following the club as closely as we do.

We live here, and for example see Sturgeon talking about a wide range of issues, then you come on here and read that she only talks about independence. Clearly that's wrong, i can only assume it's just not reported on down south, or largely ignored.

There's the flip side of course that although we might feel better informed, our views are obviously subjective and likely biased.

Anyway, hopefully this thread can remain respectful and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.