General / Mental Health Support Thread

Long Covid says hi.
To be fair, even though I know a few that have long covid, and it is an immense struggle for them, I would still rather have it—or my condition—now than pretty much any other time in human history.

To be fair, even though I know a few that have long covid, and it is an immense struggle for them, I would still rather have it—or my condition—now than pretty much any other time in human history.
I have two kids decimated by it and although you are probably right, it doesn’t feel like it given the amount of money and research currently pointed at getting some type of treatment.

I have two kids decimated by it and although you are probably right, it doesn’t feel like it given the amount of money and research currently pointed at getting some type of treatment.
Yeah, although I don’t have PASC, I can say with my MSA journey—which included confusion, fear, endless tests, false dawns, unnecessary treatment regimes from incorrect diagnoses, and the existential dread inducing uncertainty of it all until I got the correct diagnosis—it can obliterate your will to go on.

I am actually volunteering (in the way I can) for an organisation here in the US that works to help people avoid that experience, provides resources to ensure faster and more accurate paths to accurate diagnosis, and works to educate medical professionals on the disease, how to recognise the warnings signs early for assessment, and support patients through prognosis and treatment.

From what I understand similar organisations are popping up gor PASC and related conditions like ME/CFS.

All of it can be dehumanising and soul crushing but, if you think back to pretty much any other time in our collective history, our experience will have been worse.

Go back just 30 years for me and I am probably already dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.