General transfer rumours

Talk about whoosh. Jesus Christ.

Anyhow.

Pep clearly didn't sign Otamendi, anymore than he signed Bony. Hence his comments regarding not knowing what happened last year as he 'wasn't here' & teaching him how to play, now he is. But if you can so miss my point re Txiki, it's not surprising you are missing Pep's.

Pehaps he was ranting about Txiki too though, you never know...
Everyone signed last summer was pep approved. It's only 'clear' in your mind. Though it's wrong.

I have been right on most re Pellegrini since I finally woke up to him & Pep is starting to prove it, changing the role of players, changing systems, using kids as backup, & MANAGING exactly as a whole army of us said he would.

The idea that every signing made in the past 2 years is a Guardiola one & that Pellegrini was just left to watch, & not alowed to sign anyone at all, is completely ridiculous & it's easy to see the typical Pep signings compared to the Pelle ones & the fact that we have tried to sign TWO senior central defenders, a year after signing a 27 year old Argentinian international, should give you a clue.

But no, it's all in my head.

Pep will try to teach Otta like he is doing with Kolarov. If it works, he'll have a job, if it doesn't he'll be gone.

This isn't a Pell vs Pep that you're desperately trying to make out as. You'll win that one. No one has ever doubted Pep is far superior.

You guessing that Pellegrini signed Otamendi.

You believe Pellegrini signed him because he watched Chile play in the Copa America final in Chile. He is Chilean by the way.

I think Pep & Txiki signed him because,
Even you admit that Pep influenced our big summer signings.
Pep also knows Spain.
Otamendi was the La Liga's best defender.
We wouldn't sign a £30 million defender on the say so of a manager who knew he was on his way.
Otamendi is a Pep like defender.
Oh and all basic logic.

Pep signed some but not others last summer? Come off it. All major signings last summer were either with his blessing/advise or without. You hand picking which ones you want to credit Pep with and discredit Pellegrini on is just laughable.

The typical Pep signing? You mean a front foot defender who's good on the ball? A defender who all too often runs the ball out of defence? Plays difficult balls through the midfield? Otamendi seems to tick all Pep's boxes.

Had Pellegrini left Denayer out in favour of Kolarov or Fernando you'd have gone bonkers.
Had Pellegrini brought Clichy, Sagna & Fernando on at 4-0 up and left Iheanacho on the bench you'd have perhaps hired a hit man.

As I say, your agenda is clouding your judgement and the double standards you are applying take away any credibility in what you say.

Do you know him? Serious question by the way.
Got a good mutual friend with him.

He thinks he's good enough to play and is (understandably) affronted that he appears surplus to requirements as he thinks he has proven his worth.

I'd listen more to Cheeseman than Pep on how the two are getting along.

I agree with neville kneville there is no way ota was a pep signing, I think he is a very solid defender but he is far too rash to be a pep defender he still has a big part to play for us but even against steaua I noticed stones was backing off the man on the ball and ota left his man to try and slide tackle stones man. Against a better team he simple would have picked the pass and they have a one on one. Ota is a great defender and hopefully pep will be able to calm him down and get him to have more faith in his team mates ability.

Pep did sign Benatia who is quite a rash but front foot defender. Nice on the ball too.

I think Otamendi has great potential and if he learns or rather Pep teaches him to stay on his feet he will be brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.