General transfer rumours

At the risk of losing the will to live by debating with you again, aside from Stones (let's say for argument sake he adequately replaced Kompany) and £13.8m Nolito I'd say the teams that started against Sunderland & Stauea were pretty much what we had available last season. The issues with MP's management started almost from the beginning albeit the deficiencies didn't truly manifest themselves until 12 months into his reign which coincided with the penny dropping with most managers that although Manuel had by far the strongest PL squad out of all clubs, he didn't have a Scoobie what to do with it.

By what you've posted, you make it sound like everything Manuel did was hunky dory up until February 2016. The fact is over the last 3 seasons we've regressed whilst you've vehemently defended that regression with an unprecedented blind passion for your man. Most of what Pep is doing now has been taught and drilled on the training pitch and even he let it slip in one of his press conferences earlier in the week that 'He wasn't here last season so he's not accountable for whatever bollocks went on before he arrived'. So Pep spending over £100m has had very little to do with our current brighter outlook and everything to do with us having a capable forward thinking manager as opposed to a fossilised 442 dinosaur.

The fans only wanted Manuel gone when it became very obvious to even his staunchest fan boys that he was out of his depth and our squad was stuck in reverse gear under his stewardship. That situation was brought about by one man and one man only........ Manuel Pellegrini! He had opportunities above almost every other PL manager and blew it big time and a PL title and 2 CoC's won't mask the wasted years under him.

We have a bright new future under Guardiola, but he's no messiah. I expect it will take time for Pep to stop the rot, turn our fortunes around and get us back to where we should have been and then to progress us beyond that. Even if we win squat this season, I doubt you'll find many fans complaining as long as they can see a viable plan and progress unlike the regression we've had to endure over the last 3 seasons.

I don't want you to reply, I just wanted to point out that just because Manuel has been removed and upgraded, it won't mask the deep disappointment many fans still feel over 3 wasted years which almost culminated with us being relegated from the Champions League. It will take time for our wounds to heal and your continued support and defence of the person responsible is akin to you picking at a scab and wondering why that wound is still puss filled and festering.

I could not agree more with this - I started saying to the people round me in the stadium that Pellegrini was taking us backwards in January 2015 but he is gone now so let's move forward, concentrate on the future and enjoy the ride.

At the risk of losing the will to live by debating with you again, aside from Stones (let's say for argument sake he adequately replaced Kompany) and £13.8m Nolito I'd say the teams that started against Sunderland & Stauea were pretty much what we had available last season. The issues with MP's management started almost from the beginning albeit the deficiencies didn't truly manifest themselves until 12 months into his reign which coincided with the penny dropping with most managers that although Manuel had by far the strongest PL squad out of all clubs, he didn't have a Scoobie what to do with it.

By what you've posted, you make it sound like everything Manuel did was hunky dory up until February 2016. The fact is over the last 3 seasons we've regressed whilst you've vehemently defended that regression with an unprecedented blind passion for your man. Most of what Pep is doing now has been taught and drilled on the training pitch and even he let it slip in one of his press conferences earlier in the week that 'He wasn't here last season so he's not accountable for whatever bollocks went on before he arrived'. So Pep spending over £100m has had very little to do with our current brighter outlook and everything to do with us having a capable forward thinking manager as opposed to a fossilised 442 dinosaur.

The fans only wanted Manuel gone when it became very obvious to even his staunchest fan boys that he was out of his depth and our squad was stuck in reverse gear under his stewardship. That situation was brought about by one man and one man only........ Manuel Pellegrini! He had opportunities above almost every other PL manager and blew it big time and a PL title and 2 CoC's won't mask the wasted years under him.

We have a bright new future under Guardiola, but he's no messiah. I expect it will take time for Pep to stop the rot, turn our fortunes around and get us back to where we should have been and then to progress us beyond that. Even if we win squat this season, I doubt you'll find many fans complaining as long as they can see a viable plan and progress unlike the regression we've had to endure over the last 3 seasons.

I don't want you to reply, I just wanted to point out that just because Manuel has been removed and upgraded, it won't mask the deep disappointment many fans still feel over 3 wasted years which almost culminated with us being relegated from the Champions League. It will take time for our wounds to heal and your continued support and defence of the person responsible is akin to you picking at a scab and wondering why that wound is still puss filled and festering.
Bang on the money.

That's fair enough, but nothing to do with my argument.

If you think Pep & Pellegrini are working under the same remit then we will always disagree.

There has been a three year regression, 2 year regression in actual fact.

You solely blame a manager who has a very good track record of actually over achieving.

I think simply treading water and waiting for Pep is partly responsible. The drastic changes we are seeing make me even more convinced that Pellegrini was simply a caretaker.

No one can tell me and honestly believe it that Pellegrini could have just shifted Joe Hart if he wanted.
Highlighting a clear difference or power in his role.

Your own post highlights my point perfectly.
If Pellegrini is a fossilised dinosaur stuck with 442 was he given every opportunity to deploy it the way he wants? Did he have the unequivocal backing of the club to support his plan? No. And many will say rightly so.
So to compare with Pep is indeed illogical.

As I say elsewhere on this thread, there's plenty to blame Pellegrini for. But the signing of Otamendi, Nasri returning fat or Pep not fancying Denayer either are not his fault and it's desperate to blame him for the above.

Pep is revolutionary, Pellegrini is not. Pep is working under completely different circumstances though, that was my point there.

Last edited:
Good for us if true.
Not so sure ,think if its been decided joes not for us its only going to cause problems for all parties if he's still around the club .don't think anyone will go near ,30m for him
As an example you know the away support will belt out don't sell Joe hart tomorrow like it was sung at the etihad last Saturday

That's fair enough, but nothing to do with my argument.

If you think Pep & Pellegrini are working under the same remit then we will always disagree.

There has been a three year regression, 2 year regression in actual fact.

You solely blame a manager who has a very good track record of actually over achieving.

I think simply treading water and waiting for Pep is partly responsible. The drastic changes we are seeing make me even more convinced that Pellegrini was simply a caretaker.

No one can tell me and honestly believe it that Pellegrini could have just shifted Joe Hart if he wanted.
Highlighting a clear difference or power in his role.

Your own post highlights my point perfectly.
If Pellegrini is a fossilised dinosaur stuck with 442 was he given every opportunity to deploy it the way he wants? Did he have the unequivocal backing of the club to support his plan? No. And many will say rightly so.
So to compare with Pep is indeed illogical.

As I say elsewhere on this thread, there's plenty to blame Pellegrini for. But the signing of Otamendi, Nasri returning fat or Pep not fancying Denayer either are not his fault and it's desperate to blame him for the above.

Pep is revolutionary, Pellegrini is not. Pep is working under completely different circumstances though, that was my point there.
Like I said, your hackneyed response is the reason I and many others don't want to get into a debate with you. Manuel shaped our team during his time here & we've seen the result. Pep's been here 2 minutes and using virtually the same players, he's started to revolutionised our play. Coincidence? That's the difference between a fossilised 442 dinosaur and a modern forward thinking manager and you can twist that any way you want, but these are verifiable facts because no one told Manuel how to set our team up and which players to play.

As for Hart, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Pellegrini drop him for a month because of his poor performances? My colleagues are already removing all sharp implements and hanging materials away from me as I'm beginning to lose the will to live again. Let's just leave it here mate because you're clearly out of step with the vast majority who have all seen the light and just want to move on.

Put a plaster on our Pellegrini wound and allow it to heal will you......

Like I said, your hackneyed response is the reason I and many others don't want to get into a debate with you. Manuel shaped our team during his time here & we've seen the result. Pep's been here 2 minutes and using virtually the same players, he's started to revolutionised our play. Coincidence? That's the difference between a fossilised 442 dinosaur and a modern forward thinking manager and you can twist that any way you want, but these are verifiable facts because no one told Manuel how to set our team up and which players to play.

As for Hart, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Pellegrini drop him for a month because of his poor performances? My colleagues are already removing all sharp implements and hanging materials away from me as I'm beginning to lose the will to live again. Let's just leave it here mate because you're clearly out of step with the vast majority who have all seen the light and just want to move on.

Put a plaster on our Pellegrini wound and allow it to heal will you......

To save you reaching for the sharp objects.

Simple yes or no.

Do you believe Pellegrini would have been allowed to shift Hart out the club after a just months training?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.