General UFC thread

Anyone who misses weight should be forced to have their next fight at the weight above.
Instead, till will probably fight usman in a title eliminator.

Bisping has announced his retirement.

Seems a smart move. I thought he might have been tempted to one more fight in the U.K. but obviously not.

BT has lost the rights to show the UFC in the UK now. Eleven Sports has got it apparently.

IMO that is a massive blow to the growth of the sport in the UK. Can't see many people paying for PPV events

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BT has lost the rights to show the UFC in the UK now. Eleven Sports has got it apparently.

IMO that is a massive blow to the growth of the sport in the UK. Can't see many people paying for PPV events

That is a blow....there isn’t much on BT worth watching as it is apart from UFC, footy and the odd bit of boxing

That is a blow....there isn’t much on BT worth watching as it is apart from UFC, footy and the odd bit of boxing
Yep,BT have lost UFC,NBA and Serie A rights in the last couple of weeks. Put all their money into the Premier League and Champions League basket.

Anyone planning on watching the 229 presser? I think he's a bit of a bellend but there's a sort of 'circus has come to town' vibe about McGregor that is enthralling. Khabibs not shy of a comic book persona either. Starts in a minute

Anyone planning on watching the 229 presser? I think he's a bit of a bellend but there's a sort of 'circus has come to town' vibe about McGregor that is enthralling. Khabibs not shy of a comic book persona either. Starts in a minute

Watched it. Like him or hate him, no one does a press conference like him.

Fuck me, Connor and the likes are really ruining this sport for me. It's basically WWF meets MMA now, a whole circus before the fight. I understand you need to promote it and Connor has proven that if you be the biggest dickhead you can be, you can not only mess with your opponents head but make more money, but IMO it ruins the purity of what it used to feel like. MMA is starting to lose me a bit tbh, boxing isn't much better though. There's a couple of interesting tournaments out there, Eddie Bravo has made a contact BJJ tournament that sounds interesting, i think it allows open palm strikes like Pancrase and you can use that to open sub attempts or stop someone trying to perform a leg lock or something and Bas Rutten does commentary for some full contact karate tournament that sounds good as well.

Apparently McGregor's got a new 6-fight deal with UFC, christ knows how much money he will have in his pocket once that deal is up.

Watched that presser last night, usually I enjoy them because amid the antics there is usually some wit in there from McG. He'd clearly done his research into Khabib's background prior to this event as he attacked him from so many angles, but he came across as a stuttering, rambling, deranged gobshite who dare I say it must have been on something as well.

Obviously McGregor had the first word, last word and basically every word in between as well, but Khabib handled it perfectly as far as I saw. He didn't get too involved in the slanging match. When he got the chance to speak, he did so pretty coherently, even his English was better constructed than McGregor at times. He didn't waste energy when McGregor shouted over him, didn't waste energy trying to take him on and talk over him. And the face-off he had a Cotto-like coldness to him.

A final note, these events are not the same without a fan presence. McGregor ranting and raving is usually amplified by the fans egging him on. It's a completely different energy to just a press audience, and it just made McGregor's antics look that bit more forced and false.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.