General UFC thread

Fair play to Cejudo he looked really good in that fight and he caught TJ flush. I have heard TJ is mad with the ref and i must admit i did think it was an early stoppage, he was still trying to protect himself and looked to be attempting a single leg BUT he got knocked down at least 4 times. It's pretty clear that he should have given it more time to try and make that weight, using a few months at least to do test cuts, he looked like death in the run up to the fight. I do think he would take those punches much better at his natural weight but he still got caught, i dont think you can blame getting hit by a guy who's only been striking for a few years, on a weight cut. Maybe he got cocky, that has long been an issue with TJ as he comes across as extremely douchey sometimes.

Fair play to Cejudo he looked really good in that fight and he caught TJ flush. I have heard TJ is mad with the ref and i must admit i did think it was an early stoppage, he was still trying to protect himself and looked to be attempting a single leg BUT he got knocked down at least 4 times. It's pretty clear that he should have given it more time to try and make that weight, using a few months at least to do test cuts, he looked like death in the run up to the fight. I do think he would take those punches much better at his natural weight but he still got caught, i dont think you can blame getting hit by a guy who's only been striking for a few years, on a weight cut. Maybe he got cocky, that has long been an issue with TJ as he comes across as extremely douchey sometimes.
The inconsistency between stopping the fights lets the ufc down sometimes. Some fights are allowed to continue beyond the point of the refs intervention where as others are stopped before you’d expect.
I agree with your thoughts, TJ didn’t look good but kudos to Cejudo, he looked pumped and just exploded on TJ. I’m not sure if it will save the division though?

The inconsistency between stopping the fights lets the ufc down sometimes. Some fights are allowed to continue beyond the point of the refs intervention where as others are stopped before you’d expect.
I agree with your thoughts, TJ didn’t look good but kudos to Cejudo, he looked pumped and just exploded on TJ. I’m not sure if it will save the division though?
Dana White said that its a superfight with two champions, you gotta let them fight, and i agree with that to a point.

Can't see it saving the division, there just aren't enough good fights to be made there. Benavidez vs Ortiz was a good fight but you couldnt see either of them winning the belt. It would setup a good story for Cejudo to come up and fight for TJ's belt, i think he would really feel the weight difference there though. Personally i feel like TJ is one of the most gifted fighters in UFC, his footwork is superb and he already has grappling ability to complement that. But i do feel like when he gets hit its because of over confidence.

Not UFC, but it's so sad watching Fedor fight now. I really hope he calls it a day, getting KO'd by Ryan Bader from a really clumsy hook is not how he should be remembered. I remember watching him in the early Pride days when he would walk through punches like a terminator. When everyone was juiced up (prob even him) and Cro Cop was the most dangerous striker in MMA, he fought him at the time CC was knocking everyone out and nobody could believe he kept the fight standing and didn't take it down. He out-struck a K1 level fighter (be it mid level K1) and fucked him up. I remember watching the Affliction events and actually thinking Tim Sylvia might beat him, but then he just KTFO'd Tim with a crazy quick combo. It's a big shame we never got to see him in the UFC, but by the time the UFC was big time, Fedor was on the decline and i think it would have been the same kind of UFC career as Cro Cop. At one point he was undoubtedly the GOAT in HW division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.