General UFC thread

Was hoping for more from Poirier tbh. Can't disagree with what you said though
Yeah i was waiting for something more from him but he was just gassed out, i think? Never seen him before you see so not sure how good he actually is. I can imagine himself being dissapointed with his own performance though certainly.

I don’t think Poirier had the desire or belief maybe to win.
He hit him with a couple of decent shots and had let him escape the choke but I think he was knackered after Khabib wore him down.
Who’s next, Ferguson , what are the chances of a similar outcome?

He hit him with a couple of decent shots and had let him escape the choke but I think he was knackered after Khabib wore him down.
Who has a low centre of gravity and speed to maximize a counter to the Khabib take downs? whatever name springs to your mind is the guy who could give him big trouble. Are there any Brazilian jujitsu fellas waiting in the wings? their wrestling and submission game is usually as good as it gets. Someone like that maybe. happy to go to ground with him with the ability to tie him up as much as he may do to them. Otherwise a total tank or great at kickboxing chap who will not concede the centre of the ring and force a boxing match. As soon as the oppo is about a metre from the fence, he feigns to get the take down. If someone studies that and gets a knee in, that would be lights out.

It's got to be Ferguson, the guy is on a 12 fight win streak, every time something comes along to stop these two going up against each other. 5th time lucky?

I think that would be evenly much more evenly matched but I'd still favor Khabib.

It's got to be Ferguson, the guy is on a 12 fight win streak, every time something comes along to stop these two going up against each other. 5th time lucky?

I think that would be evenly much more evenly matched but I'd still favor Khabib.
There hasn’t been much talk of Khabib vs Ferguson prior to now. Ferguson was gunning for Conor prior to him busting his knee up whilst kicking an iron post during one of his notorious, left field training sessions. By the time Tony came back from the freak injury the whole division had been turned on its head. Tony should’ve had his shot at Khabib after the Cowboy fight instead of Poirier, although Dana White has said this week he’s not sure if Tony will take the fight as he has a history of refusing fights offered to him. I’m guessing we will see Tony vs Conor first with the winner having a crack at Khabib.

There hasn’t been much talk of Khabib vs Ferguson prior to now. Ferguson was gunning for Conor prior to him busting his knee up whilst kicking an iron post during one of his notorious, left field training sessions. By the time Tony came back from the freak injury the whole division had been turned on its head. Tony should’ve had his shot at Khabib after the Cowboy fight instead of Poirier, although Dana White has said this week he’s not sure if Tony will take the fight as he has a history of refusing fights offered to him. I’m guessing we will see Tony vs Conor first with the winner having a crack at Khabib.

I think before Ferguson blow out his knee McGregor was still the champ. I don’t think since Khabib has had the belt Ferguson has called out McGregor?

I just googled it. Ferguson’s one and only loss in the UFC was 2012. He has to get his shot. They’re the best two fighters in the division imo. It’s four times they’v tried to make the fight. Khabib has had to pull out twice, and obviously Ferguson twice too.

What makes you say that? I think it'd have to be really good card for them to get decent numbers for a PPV for a fight card that is 4am UK time.
A bit after the fact now but prelims started at 5pm and the main bout was around 9:30pm last night. And believe me, there were a lot of buyers.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's disgusting that anyone can charge a monthly subscription for sports and then put the big stuff on PPV. I wouldn't personally pay for either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.