General UFC thread

I thought it was dumb, that behaviour, myself. I think he got giddy and believed his own hype of being 'untouchable'.

However, this reworking of his character reminds me of when he was just having fun with it and goading other fighters.

Hopefully, he'll return to having a bit of fun.

The best thing to happen to McGregor financially was the Mayweather fight but the build up to that fight changed him for the worst.

When he fought the likes of Aldo, Diaz and Alvarez he was witty as well as disrespectful. You could tell that the shit he was saying was purely to sell the fight and psyche out the opponent.

The Mayweather fight exposed him to a brand new audience and I think he felt a little lost with it all. That wit he had that made people follow him in the UFC wasn’t there and to keep up with his persona he referred to swearing a lot and talking utter shite.

That wave followed him back into the Khabib fight and the fact he’d gotten away with so much made him feel untouchable. The bus incident and the shit he was saying was unacceptable in any sport and the UFC should have made an example of him.

The Cerrone fight feels like Conor has gone back to his pre-Mayweather antics. The focus seemed to be on the fight as opposed to the media circus that surrounds it. There were also moments of his famous wit when he was talking about Khabib and Usman’s ‘jock strap sniffing style’ of fighting and the way he spoke about Masvidal’s outfit post fight.

Hopefully he can keep that up because a witty and fully focused McGregor is one of the most entertaining assets to the UFC and there are so many possibilities for him at the moment.

What fucked up mcgregor is cocaine - seems like he has cleaned his act up somewhat. At the end of the day these guys are just celebrities- they are always going to fall short in someway because of the need to fit In with the bigger picture.

what the fuck are you talking about, he had just beat the most famous star in ufc history and one of the most famous people in the world, and he decides to celebrate by jumping out of the cage and attacking his team and starting a brawl. How is his anger controlled hahahaha
Has anything like this happened before from him? But you have the one guy who calls out a whole nation, calls out a whole religion but then tops it off by bringing someones family into it, i think he showed great restraint. Connor jumped over the cage and ran right for Aldo after a fight, they were both stopped by security. I'm not a huge fan of either, but i respect both fighters for what they are.

The best thing to happen to McGregor financially was the Mayweather fight but the build up to that fight changed him for the worst.

When he fought the likes of Aldo, Diaz and Alvarez he was witty as well as disrespectful. You could tell that the shit he was saying was purely to sell the fight and psyche out the opponent.

The Mayweather fight exposed him to a brand new audience and I think he felt a little lost with it all. That wit he had that made people follow him in the UFC wasn’t there and to keep up with his persona he referred to swearing a lot and talking utter shite.

That wave followed him back into the Khabib fight and the fact he’d gotten away with so much made him feel untouchable. The bus incident and the shit he was saying was unacceptable in any sport and the UFC should have made an example of him.

The Cerrone fight feels like Conor has gone back to his pre-Mayweather antics. The focus seemed to be on the fight as opposed to the media circus that surrounds it. There were also moments of his famous wit when he was talking about Khabib and Usman’s ‘jock strap sniffing style’ of fighting and the way he spoke about Masvidal’s outfit post fight.

Hopefully he can keep that up because a witty and fully focused McGregor is one of the most entertaining assets to the UFC and there are so many possibilities for him at the moment.
Trust me, the shit talking and schtick of Conor brought him a lot of fans and has done HUGE amounts for UFC in general. I know of at least 10 people who hated MMA prior to watching Conor vs Mayweather they now regularly tune into events.

I've no problem with how Conor sells fights, but there are lines that cannot be crossed and he has crossed them on occasions. Like Cowboy pointed out in the presser, he can say what he wants to me and that's fair game, but if he mentions my family then it's a different story.

What fucked up mcgregor is cocaine - seems like he has cleaned his act up somewhat. At the end of the day these guys are just celebrities- they are always going to fall short in someway because of the need to fit In with the bigger picture.
What fucked Conor up was how big he became in such a short amount of space, the guy is an icon. Handling that shit is difficult, i assume he's a tough guy to control anyway but the people in his circle should have been stronger as well. But it SEEMS like he has learnt from it, according to his trainers he is revamped and refocused. I'm excited to see some big match ups, he's got a huge dollor signed target on his back but he lives for that shit.

i prefer pre mayweather and khabib trash talk, i think after this it got really cringy and insane (e.g throwing the dolly)

i hope we get to see him against tough opposition soon to see how good he is. Love to see a khabib rematch because of how much he said ge mistrained and partied before it (will happen if you make 80m getting punched by mayweather).

i hope we get to see him against tough opposition soon to see how good he is. Love to see a khabib rematch because of how much he said ge mistrained and partied before it (will happen if you make 80m getting punched by mayweather).

Being reported that Saudi Arabia are offering $100m to host Khabib vs Conor 2.

What did everyone make of the fights this weekend? I thought the judging was a shambles, all over the place. There was one specific judge who fucked up scores on 3 different scorecards, he had the JJ vs Dom fight as 39-36! Contrary to belief, UFC has no power of who the judges are as they are picked by the commission, but we have seen in boxing that promoters are free to get in the ear of judges. However, i do think it's more to do with the judges having no fucking idea what's happening in front of their eyes and that the rules are all wrong for this sport, they need to be built from the foundation up, instead of re-using the boxing rules.

Re the main event, tbh i thought Dom did enough in the first 3 rounds to take the fight but i don't think it was a robbery. I thought he cracked JJ a few times and had him in trouble, you could see at the end of the fight that Jon knew he might have gotten away with one and he himself said he only thought he won it due to the takedowns. Now this is something that really fucks me off, he attempted a few takedowns and Dom showed amazing defence, he only really got taken down when he tired in in the championship rounds. Forward pressure is also used in judging, which is fair enough, but so is cage management IMO and Reyes moved around really well out of danger as well as having JJ backing up and even running back into position on a number of occasions. Like i say, not a robbery, but IMO it was the incorrect decision.

Valentina is such a beast, she is head and shoulders above everyone in her weight class and i think that they might as well not bother TBH. The only fight that makes sense to me is the Nunez fight, i thought she won both of the fights she had with Nunez and its the fight that needs to be made. A good way to set it up would be for Nunez to cut weight (if she can) and then try and go for the 3rd belt and become a legit triple weight champ, IMO that would be a great way for her to retire from the sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.