General UFC thread

Haha seriously have you made that up? Mendes was about a foot shorted and had a two week camp before that fight, no one with an ounce of MMA knowledge thought that, and have you or these 'people' ever seen Aldo fight, he doesn't 'smoother' anyone. As for Alvarez, come on now that fight was made for Connor to become the 155 champion, if Ferguson or Khabib held the belt at that time no way would Connor have come up from 145 for the title shot. The levels of delusion that surround McGregor are staggering

I've often thought the same about McGregor. Mendes was absolutely gassed when he fought McGregor, look how low his hands are when he gets dropped the last time. Mendes with a full camp would have been interesting.

Then to quote Nate Diaz, it 's like in a few of McGregor's other fights he's "already punked them at the press conference". I think that could be argued for Poirier and Aldo. I did also think Aldo was going to expose him, so I probably don't know very much!

I think people are getting carried away if they think he can go in with someone of Till's size, or Usman with his size and wrestling. I find it laughable when people mention McGregor vs GSP.

Last edited:
Questionable, Nate Diaz was the last guy to REALLY piss Donald off and he smacked the shit out of Cowboy in that fight. In terms of age its undeniable that Cowboy is much more aged in terms of combat years. When he was younger at WEC he was a much more dynamic fighter who took shots better, that's just how it goes in the fight game.

Saying all that, Conor looked fantastic. I was thinking last night that Masvidal wants the fight but he's being given to Usman for the title, according to Dana. A fight that really gets me going is Conor vs Darren Till, can you imagine how many times either of them would use my fave word (begins with a C)?! You could do that in Wembley and it would sell out 10 times over.

I know Cerrone is battle weary, but he has his good days.

I'd rather he retire, mind.

Should Usman overcome Masvidal, he'd wrestle McG to death! Stylistically, it's poor, so people will want Jorgé Masvidal to win.

Me too!

Till's another head high fighter. Easy meat for McGregor.

I think I do have a clue what I am talking about, Cerrone is past it, was coming off two KO losses and was clearly mellow all fight week and there for a pay day. He starts fights slowly and was tailor made for McGregor, it was as close to a gimme as you could possibly get. No way should he be anywhere near a title shot off the back of that but it's most likely, the fanboys who follow him are hailing 'the king is back' it truly is cringe. The UFC is a circus act now, just pandering to this idiot. I did notice he isn't calling out Khabib tho, and even if his humility is completely fake at least Khabib smacked some manners into him.

What are the options; Masvidal, good fight most likely Masvidal knocks him out
Khabib, he'd get battered again
Usman, he would get totally wrestle f**ked and stopped
Gaethje, young fresh fighter who would take him into deep waters and probably stop him when he gasses in the second round as usual
Nate Diaz, perhaps the most viable option, the trilogy and a competitive fight.

This is not what you said.

You described Cerrone as 'old', which is not true. I would have agreed with battle worn or whatever.

Cerrone, imo, needs to step away from the ring for a year or two, see his son Danger grow up some, do his crazy adrenaline junkie shit and see if his desire still burns afterwards.

Atm, DC fights 3-4 times a year every year, win or lose, outside of injury.

It's too much.

You described Cerrone as 'old', which is not true. I would have agreed with battle worn or whatever.

Cerrone, imo, needs to step away from the ring for a year or two, see his son Danger grow up some, do his crazy adrenaline junkie shit and see if his desire still burns afterwards.

It's too much.

Guess it's hard to stop doing something you love.

Haha seriously have you made that up? Mendes was about a foot shorted and had a two week camp before that fight, no one with an ounce of MMA knowledge thought that, and have you or these 'people' ever seen Aldo fight, he doesn't 'smoother' anyone. As for Alvarez, come on now that fight was made for Connor to become the 155 champion, if Ferguson or Khabib held the belt at that time no way would Connor have come up from 145 for the title shot. The levels of delusion that surround McGregor are staggering

Yeh I know what you mean, he's achieved nothing in the sport...

I've often thought the same about McGregor. Mendes was absolutely gassed when he fought McGregor, look how low his hands are when he gets dropped the last time. Mendes with a full camp would have been interesting.

Then to quote Nate Diaz, it 's like in a few of McGregor's other fights he's "already punked them at the press conference". I think that could be argued for Poirier and Aldo. I did also think Aldo was going to expose him, so I probably don't know very much!

I think people are getting carried away if they think he can go in with someone of Till's size, or Usman with his size and wrestling. I find it laughable when people mention McGregor vs GSP.
I watched the Mendes fight back and TBF to Conor his gameplan was spot on, he was throwing shots to the body at every opportunity and from that perspective, all he needed to do was get through the early push and thats what happened.

Poirier is a fight i wouldn't mind seeing run back, hes a completely different fighter to back then.

Agree re size difference, but Conor is aiming for these guys and he's freely admitted he wants to be a 3 weight champion. I think Usman would be a terrible fight for him, hes a fucking monster and he would be able to walk through those shots and it would be a brutal watch IMO. But Till is a much better fight, hes not going to try and take him down and it would be a fun fight, but like you say, Till is HUGE. Another fight that they've joked about, but imo could happen, is Wonderboy. I love that fight, i wish Wonderboy had come to MMA a little earlier as i think he would have been one of the greatest ever.

I know Cerrone is battle weary, but he has his good days.

I'd rather he retire, mind.

Should Usman overcome Masvidal, he'd wrestle McG to death! Stylistically, it's poor, so people will want Jorgé Masvidal to win.

Me too!

Till's another head high fighter. Easy meat for McGregor.
Oh he def has his days, but he's also had a lot of beatdowns and he's a wildman, i'm sure his out of fight life doesn't help things.

Yep agree, he'd also outwork Conor to an extent he's never seen before, even from Khabib. But Jorge is fucking slick man, i would put my money on him beating Conor and beating him quite convincingly.

Till does keep his head up but he fights at length with that weird karate style/muay thai hybrid. He's also taken much bigger shots but i think his best weight is MW and he's probably realised the cut is not good for him. Having said that, Conor is the money fight ;)

It's too much.
I'd suggest he jets off to One FC, gets a belt and some money over there and then rides off into the sunset like a proper cowboy.

I know, but it all came about after all the (over the line) things that Conor had said. I think his anger is generally, about as controlled out of the cage as you can get.
what the fuck are you talking about, he had just beat the most famous star in ufc history and one of the most famous people in the world, and he decides to celebrate by jumping out of the cage and attacking his team and starting a brawl. How is his anger controlled hahahaha

what the fuck are you talking about, he had just beat the most famous star in ufc history and one of the most famous people in the world, and he decides to celebrate by jumping out of the cage and attacking his team and starting a brawl. How is his anger controlled hahahaha

I thought it was dumb, that behaviour, myself. I think he got giddy and believed his own hype of being 'untouchable'.

However, this reworking of his character reminds me of when he was just having fun with it and goading other fighters.

Hopefully, he'll return to having a bit of fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.