General Videogame Thread

How is Homefront? Anyone played yet?
Just waiting for my guy to come online and shall be ordering it. Started downloading doom earlier.

How is Homefront? Anyone played yet?
Just waiting for my guy to come online and shall be ordering it. Started downloading doom earlier.

It's been given some shit to average reviews, gamers have slated it on metacritic as well.

From a metacritic critic

Simply put, Homefront: The Revolution is outclassed in its bracket by every other big-budget game released this generation. And that’s without getting into how shockingly shit the PC version is...This game made me feel unwell, it bored me to tears, and it irritated the piss out of me. Also, it has co-op.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but The Last Of Us and (of course) GTA5 are the best games out there, as far as I can tell.

You and you are right.

Been trying to find a decent multi player game that's as much fun as GTA online and can't. There were 9 of us the other night racing on a custom map, all swearing at each other on teamspeak, and having fun. Lots of it. There's nothing else at the moment that comes close.

You and you are right.

Been trying to find a decent multi player game that's as much fun as GTA online and can't. There were 9 of us the other night racing on a custom map, all swearing at each other on teamspeak, and having fun. Lots of it. There's nothing else at the moment that comes close.
Right then, need a bit of info about gta5, I like playing open world like assassins creed or batman, is it that sort of game or completely different? What do you actually do?

Right then, need a bit of info about gta5, I like playing open world like assassins creed or batman, is it that sort of game or completely different? What do you actually do?

Well...in single player mode there is a story involving 3 characters, you switch between the 3 of them at different times, they all have different skills and missions. Two of them know each other from ages ago. It's an ok story line, and fun in places, with some great characters, one liners and missions. You can, of course, just drive/ fly/ run/ swim around like a loon being hunted by the police etc.

Online is full of twats who will kill you at a moments notice. There are script cheaters. The net code is dumb. It is exactly the same as the single player apart from less traffic and litter etc etc...

But...

There are missions, races (home made or Rockstar created), the map is huge, you can go anywhere, climb anything, steal what you want, own houses and garages, customise cars, vans etc, race against mates, strangers, or just wander around in your customised car showing off. There are loads of other gaming modes including storming a luxury yacht (you can buy one if you have enough cash, customise it, drink with a prossie in the bar, get drunk and pass out), deathmatches, raids, heists (including planning the whole thing) etc etc

Assassins Creed isn't open world as it has barriers stopping you from seeing parts of the map until it's opened up by playing missions. This is completely open. Want to steal a push bike and take it to the top of the mountain and then ride over the edge before parachuting to safety? Want to fly a helicopter around the map? Want to steal a mini sub? Want to ride the subway? Want to join a clan who just drive around as Policemen? Or just race at high speeds...off you go.

If you have a decent pc it looks beautiful. Put some of your music in a folder and the radio station finds it and plays it. Nothing finer than driving up the west coast road with your tunes playing out of the speakers whilst the sun sets over the hills until it's ruined by you crashing into some npc who gets annoyed, tries to fist fight you and then runs off as you pull out a pistol...

Moments, gaming moments...

Well...in single player mode there is a story involving 3 characters, you switch between the 3 of them at different times, they all have different skills and missions. Two of them know each other from ages ago. It's an ok story line, and fun in places, with some great characters, one liners and missions. You can, of course, just drive/ fly/ run/ swim around like a loon being hunted by the police etc.

Online is full of twats who will kill you at a moments notice. There are script cheaters. The net code is dumb. It is exactly the same as the single player apart from less traffic and litter etc etc...

But...

There are missions, races (home made or Rockstar created), the map is huge, you can go anywhere, climb anything, steal what you want, own houses and garages, customise cars, vans etc, race against mates, strangers, or just wander around in your customised car showing off. There are loads of other gaming modes including storming a luxury yacht (you can buy one if you have enough cash, customise it, drink with a prossie in the bar, get drunk and pass out), deathmatches, raids, heists (including planning the whole thing) etc etc

Assassins Creed isn't open world as it has barriers stopping you from seeing parts of the map until it's opened up by playing missions. This is completely open. Want to steal a push bike and take it to the top of the mountain and then ride over the edge before parachuting to safety? Want to fly a helicopter around the map? Want to steal a mini sub? Want to ride the subway? Want to join a clan who just drive around as Policemen? Or just race at high speeds...off you go.

If you have a decent pc it looks beautiful. Put some of your music in a folder and the radio station finds it and plays it. Nothing finer than driving up the west coast road with your tunes playing out of the speakers whilst the sun sets over the hills until it's ruined by you crashing into some npc who gets annoyed, tries to fist fight you and then runs off as you pull out a pistol...

Moments, gaming moments...
nice one, cheers mate, just got a gtx 980 ti so want to give it a bashing with some high end stuff. Will give it a go. Wasn't there a mod to up the graphics on it too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.