General Videogame Thread

Right then, need a bit of info about gta5, I like playing open world like assassins creed or batman, is it that sort of game or completely different? What do you actually do?
Oh my god - of you're into games and you haven't played GTA, you are in for a treat. You will be shocked at how good it is. I don't think any other game is even 10% as good as GTA.

Oh my god - of you're into games and you haven't played GTA, you are in for a treat. You will be shocked at how good it is. I don't think any other game is even 10% as good as GTA.
Cheers pal, is it good enough to just play the campaign and not do the online stuff, cos heard some horror stories about hackers and cheats?

nice one, cheers mate, just got a gtx 980 ti so want to give it a bashing with some high end stuff. Will give it a go. Wasn't there a mod to up the graphics on it too?

You should have waited for next week when the GTX 1080 comes out, its rumoured price is only £450 and it's twice as powerful as a Titan X and 4x more powerful than a SLI 980

Elbow Beards, GTA V single player is a hell of a ride, even if the story is trash. Multiplayer is mindless fun, and a money pit, don't get sucked in too far. There are much better online games.

Anyway, do yourself a favour and check out Witcher 3. It's not the type of game I usually have any time for, but I have 200+ hours. It's incredible. The graphics are stunning, the story Is stunning, the amount and variety of gameplay is mind-boggling. It's the best thing I've seen since Half-Life 2 or Mario 64, makes Fallout 4 look like a joke. Plus, it's on sale now, you can get it for £20. Even if you go for GTA now, I'd say get W3 while it's still cheap. Every PC owner should play it.

You should have waited for next week when the GTX 1080 comes out, its rumoured price is only £450 and it's twice as powerful as a Titan X and 4x more powerful than a SLI 980

£619, and as for gaming, 20% faster than a Titan X, usually slower than 980s in SLI.

Bit of a rip off card for the early adopters. Price will drop when non-reference cards come out, but even then, I expect another drop within 6 months. 980ti's overclock really nicely, and the 1080 probably doesn't. Upshot is that you can already get factory overclocked 980tis card that are within %15 of a 1080.

1070 will be within 10% of a 980ti for around 350. Realistically you won't get a decent one until July.

AMD Polaris is coming around that time, should give us 980is performance for ~250. Their high-end cards might be coming in October, along with Nvidia's 1080ti (that will be worth looking at for sure)..

The big push with all the new high end cards was supposed to come from HBM (high-bandwidth memory), but it's proving very difficult to manufacture in volume, so we're getting an 'overclocked' version of the memory we already see in the 980ti,970, 390, 290. So anyone with a 980ti can be pretty happy. I've got a 970 and I just can't find a reason to upgrade ATM.

Elbow Beards, GTA V single player is a hell of a ride, even if the story is trash. Multiplayer is mindless fun, and a money pit, don't get sucked in too far. There are much better online games.

Anyway, do yourself a favour and check out Witcher 3. It's not the type of game I usually have any time for, but I have 200+ hours. It's incredible. The graphics are stunning, the story Is stunning, the amount and variety of gameplay is mind-boggling. It's the best thing I've seen since Half-Life 2 or Mario 64, makes Fallout 4 look like a joke. Plus, it's on sale now, you can get it for £20. Even if you go for GTA now, I'd say get W3 while it's still cheap. Every PC owner should play it.

£619, and as for gaming, 20% faster than a Titan X, usually slower than 980s in SLI.

Bit of a rip off card for the early adopters. Price will drop when non-reference cards come out, but even then, I expect another drop within 6 months. 980ti's overclock really nicely, and the 1080 probably doesn't. Upshot is that you can already get factory overclocked 980tis card that are within %15 of a 1080.

1070 will be within 10% of a 980ti for around 350. Realistically you won't get a decent one until July.

AMD Polaris is coming around that time, should give us 980is performance for ~250. Their high-end cards might be coming in October, along with Nvidia's 1080ti (that will be worth looking at for sure)..

The big push with all the new high end cards was supposed to come from HBM (high-bandwidth memory), but it's proving very difficult to manufacture in volume, so we're getting an 'overclocked' version of the memory we already see in the 980ti,970, 390, 290. So anyone with a 980ti can be pretty happy. I've got a 970 and I just can't find a reason to upgrade ATM.
Cheers for all the info, have been pondering witcher 3, as for my 980 I'm well chuffed, throws arkham knight around for fun well over 60 fps on ultra setting at 1440, and high 50s for assassin's syndicate

Looking into buying a Rally game... Not played a driving game for a bit and there's several PS4 options such Dirt Rally and WRC but I'm unsure which.

My brother is obsessed with project cars.
Competes in the leagues, spent stupid money on a proper seat/wheel and peddle thing.... But it's track based and I find concrete boring.

Off road for the win

Just searched the price and you're right.... Seems they've added £139 difference to the US price, the reason being that Nvidia wants the 9xx series to not die in popularity in Europe

Right, just bought witcher 3, £17.49 bargain, cheers for the heads up. Better be good or it's all your fault :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.