General Videogame Thread

There are still plenty of tremendous titles on the PS3 imo, but with the system now considered obsolete and peripherals especially no longer in production, that catalogue could be lost. (and fuck paying for it again on PS Store) It's genuinely the most important aspect I want to be announced.
It's why I'm a great believer that emulation is really important in gaming. It prevents years of content being lost when physical media & hardware eventually stop working

Think they've more or less confirmed it will play PS1, 2 and 3 titles from the disc.
Don't get me hyped... i'm down to my last workable ps2/ps3 controller.

If they can manage to get it to play PS4 titles as well, the marketing campaign behind PS5 would be obvious. :)

From the MS press release:

From a technical standpoint, this will manifest as world-class visuals in 4K at 60FPS, with possibility of up to 120FPS, including support for Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and 8K capability. Powered by our custom-designed processor leveraging the latest Zen 2 and next generation RDNA architecture from our partners at AMD, Xbox Series X will deliver hardware accelerated ray tracing and a new level of performance never before seen in a console. Additionally, our patented Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology will allow developers to get even more out of the Xbox Series X GPU and our next-generation SSD will virtually eliminate load times and bring players into their gaming worlds faster than ever before.

Couple of hours into Death Stranding, not too sure what to make of it. Is lugging a load of crap around on my back while pressing L2/R2 to keep ballance, all im going to be doing for the next 50 hours? Think id rather watch Kevin Costner's The Postman on repeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.