General Videogame Thread

Been a distinct lack of new releases the last few months, the move to get titles away from the traditional Christmas release window to give games more attention in Q1 of the year has gone completely the other way now, there’s so many big games due out in the next few months. Nioh 2 is the main one for me even above the likes of cyperpunk. The first was the best souls game out there imo and the beta for the second was superb.

Until then I picked up civilisation 6 for the PS4. I don’t have a gaming pc so strategy games are few and far between on consoles, xcom 2 is probably my favourite game this generation and whilst they’re very different games they’re both by firaxis and it scratches a similar itch with that one more turn aspect. it’s scary how much time I already have and probably will sink into this

Glad you did.

Having not owned anything in the way of a console for years, but moving house soon and having space for a bit of a techy/music room, was toying with the idea of getting a PlayStation. Worth getting a 4 or hold out for the 5 whenever it lands?

If you’ve got a few hundred quid to spare and the time to spare too it’s absolutely worth picking up a PS4 now, there’s dozens of exclusives you can pick up for peanuts and if you’re in no rush to have the newest thing on release then there’s plenty to see you through until the ps5 drops in price as the rumours currently circulating are predicting around a £450-500 price mark for that.

I've been desperately waiting for FF7 remake since 2005 and now it's only 2 months away I'm convinced it's going to disappoint.

Oh man, I'm absolutely convinced it's going to be brilliant. Hopefully I'm right ha! I watched a couple of gameplay battles and they blew my mind. That fucking music.

Looking forward to TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima this year, however I just know they will both be 'remastered' early on for PS5 - so the question is, do I wait?

Not much else going on for me between now and PS5 release, I'm not interested one bit in Cyberpunk

Looking forward to TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima this year, however I just know they will both be 'remastered' early on for PS5 - so the question is, do I wait?

Not much else going on for me between now and PS5 release, I'm not interested one bit in Cyberpunk
Depends, the new ps5 is gonna be around £500 from what I hear. If you're planning to be an early adopter of the ps5 I'd be inclined to wait mate

Depends, the new ps5 is gonna be around £500 from what I hear. If you're planning to be an early adopter of the ps5 I'd be inclined to wait mate

The other option is wait until PS5 has its first price drop, which I'm inclined to do, seeing as I'll need to invest in a 4K telly at the same time.

The other option is wait until PS5 has its first price drop, which I'm inclined to do, seeing as I'll need to invest in a 4K telly at the same time.
Potentially a good idea, especially if you haven't got a 4k set.

I'd be inclined to keep an eagle eye on 4k TVs and see if there's any good deals before you pick up your ps5 if you want to really enjoy the full perks of the new console

From what I hear Sony are planning on undercutting Ms with the new Xbox due to the new Xbox being more powerful.

so I’d expect price to be one of the last things to be announced.

Plus Sony always make a loss on hardware so just depends how much of a loss they feel they can make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.