General Videogame Thread

Don't think they'll be another Dead Space game. EA shut down the studio who made them Visceral Games a couple of years ago.

The story is EA forced Visceral Games to add DLC and multiplayer to Dead Space 3 as EA though single player games were dying out and not profitable, which is ironic seeing as in my opinion EA's last 2 good games in the last 5 years are Dragon Age Inquisition and Jedi Fallen Order which are both single player games.

EA did give the green light to Visceral Games to make a Star Wars game after they got the licence from Disney. The code name was project Ragtag later renamed Star Wars 1313 and the game was shown at E3 back in 2015 or 16 I think however EA again insisted that the game had to have multiplayer, DLC and microtransactions. Visceral refused so EA took them off the project even though the game was around 75% complete. EA moved half the staff to DICE to make Battlefield Hardline( which was shit) and the rest off the staff were in limbo. Around 6 months later EA officially closed the studio permanently.

After the backlash of Battlefront 2 EA then decided a single player Star Wars was wanted by Star Wars fans so they hired Respawn Entertainment who are ex employees of Infinity Ward who made the original COD games and who make the excellent Titanfall games. It was agreed that it was to be a single player game with no multiplayer or MTX. It's an excellent game.

So really Visceral Games were shut down for nothing. EA were totally at fault because of their greed

I read a Den of Geek article saying he would like to resurrect it but as you say, EA want too much influence.

It's a shame as most big games are the same open world blueprint and bore me to death. I suppose I'm stuck in the past.. I do love retro stuff and I have a set up of retro consoles

House Of Lords have demanded an immediate reclassification of video games with loot boxes in them as they have classed them as gambling. About time. This is absolutely going to batter EA

Hope it includes FIFA UT in that. Even so, I just can’t see any changes being made when there’s so much money involved.

Hope it includes FIFA UT in that. Even so, I just can’t see any changes being made when there’s so much money involved.
FIFA was actually mentioned in the report. EA will have to comply. This isn't a small games developer they can bully, this is the house of lords and the UK government. The last time they went in front of a parliamentary committee it didn't end too well for them

Some aspects of online gaming is completely alien to me these days. Never understood FUT.

I grew up the view that you buy a game and it's yours, that's to play online and main campaign. I didn't mind DLCs or ad-ons as there was some value in that for me. It might have been an extended campaign (enough to be a new game entirely) or new maps for online.

I'm lost with loot boxes, buying new weapons and upgrades etc. Completely removes the fun/satisfaction of grafting on any game to achieve some form of reward.

Some aspects of online gaming is completely alien to me these days. Never understood FUT.

I grew up the view that you buy a game and it's yours, that's to play online and main campaign. I didn't mind DLCs or ad-ons as there was some value in that for me. It might have been an extended campaign (enough to be a new game entirely) or new maps for online.

I'm lost with loot boxes, buying new weapons and upgrades etc. Completely removes the fun/satisfaction of grafting on any game to achieve some form of reward.
It’s the quick fix society in gaming, can’t be arsed putting in the graft the6 want instant rewards and satisfaction and if you have the cash you can get it, games where you can purchase advantage are not games for me, day one some twat has all the best gear, where is the fun in that?

House Of Lords have demanded an immediate reclassification of video games with loot boxes in them as they have classed them as gambling. About time. This is absolutely going to batter EA
It’s pathetic it took them this long to classify it as gambling. It’s worse than gambling because it’s aimed at kids who mostly have no idea of the value of money spending their parents wages on a cosmetic item for a game that’s only got a one year life cycle.

It’s the quick fix society in gaming, can’t be arsed putting in the graft the6 want instant rewards and satisfaction and if you have the cash you can get it, games where you can purchase advantage are not games for me, day one some twat has all the best gear, where is the fun in that?
Beating them and pointing out what you have just said to them
...Or losing and doing the same :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.