General Videogame Thread

Shit didn't know that.

Luckily I'm PS5

giphy.gif

Have to admit. The state of the current maps in MW2 is genuinely disgraceful. The game itself feels really good in terms of shooting and movement but the maps are fucking wank. They're literally so unbalanced with terrible objective locations, bad spawns and just encouraging people to not move.

It's the same problem MW 2019 had but these are actually worse which takes some doing.

It makes a game that should be a 9/10 a 6/10 because they're just horrendous.

And now for something completely different...
I've managed to scrape together enough to build me a new rig (AMD 58003XD, TUF 3090ti) and running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is finally a pleasant experience. Around 60 fps in the air at ultra 4K. Last winter I was given a voucher for one hour in a professional 737-800 simulator and I have barely time now to get some training in before I have to use it. Invested in the PMDG add-on and my godness there's a lot of stuff to digest. I mostly did GA with a Cessna 172 in the sim before. Fasten your seatbelts.

Have to admit. The state of the current maps in MW2 is genuinely disgraceful. The game itself feels really good in terms of shooting and movement but the maps are fucking wank. They're literally so unbalanced with terrible objective locations, bad spawns and just encouraging people to not move.

It's the same problem MW 2019 had but these are actually worse which takes some doing.

It's made to be consumed by masses, and to encourage low skill-gap. It's made to be played by everyone, removing elements that separate skill such as advanced movement, ( bunny-hopping, slide-cancelling, fast sprint, lower Time to Kill, with very slow ADS times and quite simply useless gun attachments ). There is a huge problem regarding the aim-assist as well, with PC players on controller having a huge margin less of it against console.

The problem however is the match-making which has a much more aggressive Skill Based Match making, basically forcing everyone to connect based on an algorithm rather than connection. So rather than playing at 5-25 ping, this gets progressively worse as you play more and more, and the game forces the lobbies, to generate 0.8 - 1.2 KD's across the board for what they want as a "balanced" experience.

Since the game has made 1 billion US dollars in less than 10 days, and has the largest player pool of any COD these changes which go against what old COD players would want, ( including map design ) will never happen. Activision simply caters for heavy casual gameplay. As WZ2 will be released soon, a large swath of players will leave, cleaning the servers a bit of, snails, campers, and people playing the game on 3-3 sense whilst having a fit if moving more than 25 inches on the map. ( I am having fun not going to lie, but's it's quite difficult to imagine playing on the same engine, movement rules and TTk for two years... )

I feel like some of the maps that i played in the beta are missing? Or maybe thats just me. 2 of the maps are genuinely unplayable, the border control map with the cars in the middle - who the fucks decision was that? And Taraq which is the desert type one which is fucking terrible. I dont really like the formula 1 map that much either tbh.

From what i've heard online there is some talk that some of the old mw2 maps could make a comeback. Speculation is
  • Quarry
  • Highrise
  • Terminal
  • Rust
  • Showdown
  • Dome
I thought the mw19 maps were a bit better as well. One of the better ones i guess is the hotel, that one will probably be removed as there is a lawsuit incoming from the hotel owners (IRL).

It's made to be consumed by masses, and to encourage low skill-gap. It's made to be played by everyone, removing elements that separate skill such as advanced movement, ( bunny-hopping, slide-cancelling, fast sprint, lower Time to Kill, with very slow ADS times and quite simply useless gun attachments ). There is a huge problem regarding the aim-assist as well, with PC players on controller having a huge margin less of it against console.

The problem however is the match-making which has a much more aggressive Skill Based Match making, basically forcing everyone to connect based on an algorithm rather than connection. So rather than playing at 5-25 ping, this gets progressively worse as you play more and more, and the game forces the lobbies, to generate 0.8 - 1.2 KD's across the board for what they want as a "balanced" experience.

Since the game has made 1 billion US dollars in less than 10 days, and has the largest player pool of any COD these changes which go against what old COD players would want, ( including map design ) will never happen. Activision simply caters for heavy casual gameplay. As WZ2 will be released soon, a large swath of players will leave, cleaning the servers a bit of, snails, campers, and people playing the game on 3-3 sense whilst having a fit if moving more than 25 inches on the map. ( I am having fun not going to lie, but's it's quite difficult to imagine playing on the same engine, movement rules and TTk for two years... )
I think this will be a grind for multiplayer users until WZ is released and people funnel onto that. I'm not a huge WZ player, i prefer multiplayer so hopefully that takes out a lot of the players that are just simply crouch walking everywhere and aiming down sight constantly. Like i said though, it does seem that the game is forcing people to play that way to progress. One thing i have noticed though is, where the fuck is the stat tracking like barracks? How do you actually know what your k/d is and if you're even doing well? The most annoying thing for me is that i paid extra for the vault edition, but we haven't been given a full game on release, wtf?

I pulled this from reddit for some of the things missing:

• HC Mode
  • Leaderboards
  • Stats
  • Barracks
  • Challenges
  • Medals
  • Ability to Inspect weapon in Gunsmith
  • Ability to save Custom Blueprints
  • Camo Unlock Notifications In-Game
  • Import settings not working
  • Ability to turn off Cross-Play
  • XP Token Countdown
  • Customizable Reticles
  • Split Screen Mode

I think this will be a grind for multiplayer users until WZ is released and people funnel onto that. I'm not a huge WZ player, i prefer multiplayer so hopefully that takes out a lot of the players that are just simply crouch walking everywhere and aiming down sight constantly. Like i said though, it does seem that the game is forcing people to play that way to progress. One thing i have noticed though is, where the fuck is the stat tracking like barracks? How do you actually know what your k/d is and if you're even doing well? The most annoying thing for me is that i paid extra for the vault edition, but we haven't been given a full game on release, wtf?

I pulled this from reddit for some of the things missing:

• HC Mode
  • Leaderboards
  • Stats
  • Barracks
  • Challenges
  • Medals
  • Ability to Inspect weapon in Gunsmith
  • Ability to save Custom Blueprints
  • Camo Unlock Notifications In-Game
  • Import settings not working
  • Ability to turn off Cross-Play
  • XP Token Countdown
  • Customizable Reticles
  • Split Screen Mode
Regarding an incomplete game, I fully agree.

But what can you do here when the player-base poured 1 billion for half a game.

And unless you didn't know, next year they are continuing the title, but will charge another 70 for part two of this game. So the 2 year cycle was a lie. Sledgehammer are making that now. No difference on engine, or graphical approach. Just guns and maps. Disgusting.

K/D is something they are slowly syphoning off, since COD Vanguard Season 4, they removed Deaths as a statistic from in game tracking.

Check if you got the double XP from the vault edition, I got them 3 weeks later lol.

In terms of Gameplay, I only starting doing well once I actually slowed down my gameplay massively. Playing the game as it "WANTS" to be played. And of course, playing meta-guns.

Season 1 launch will bring Shipment and Shoot House back from MW19 btw.

Couple of questions, is Xbox gamepass worth it for pc, I know the first month is a quid but not sure how much thereafter and also is Bannerlords 2 any good?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.