General Videogame Thread

I recently finished South Park stick of truth after buying it for a tenner in February.

I am not a huge fan of South Park and have never really sat down and watched a full episode but I have seen bits and bobs so know most of the characters, but despite all this i thought it was brilliant. Really funny, if slightly immature humour, throughout and the gameplay is remarkable fun.

It's similar to old FInal Fantasy games where you have turn based combat with your party v the enemies and there are various abilities and attacks. All of the attacks are timing based usually when your weapon glows you have to click or press the correct key.

There was enough variety in the combat to keep it interesting and it wasn't a walkover on standard difficulty.

So if anyone has been considering it or likes South park I woul recommend highly!
I had a great time playing both games, second one definitely takes the biscuit and I would recommend trying to grab it in a similar sale if possible.

Ahh I so nearly bought that the other day. It was on offer on Steam. Decided against it as I’m in the early days of Witcher 3 and also got Death Stranding on the go.

Control looks great though, I probably should have bought it at the low price and saved it for a later date :(

It's absolutely superb pal. Been a long time since I've crawled into bed at nearly 1am with work in 5 hours but it's totally gripped me. Surely I shouldn't be doing this at 35 haha

Yeah the new map is hectic, just how I like it. Cold War guns are pretty underwhelming apart from the smg’s.
I'm not liking the new helicopters! The bugs and weapons with get sorted in updates them YouTubers like to complain and all that. Not tried rebirth island yet. Just bought the new battlepass.

Been trying for weeks to platinum Yakuza Kiwami 2 and have done it all, all the hard bits, all the long tedious bits, all the obscure asian card/dice/domino games, but I will never get the plat because I just am incapable of perfecting the Karaoke. It is unreasonable to expect non-Japanese people to be this good at rhythm games! I can't even get close tbh, I do what I think is really well and still end up nowhere near the total needed.

Sad times. Just going to have to accept it's not possible for me and abandon the plat hunt. It's not worth my sanity

Been trying for weeks to platinum Yakuza Kiwami 2 and have done it all, all the hard bits, all the long tedious bits, all the obscure asian card/dice/domino games, but I will never get the plat because I just am incapable of perfecting the Karaoke. It is unreasonable to expect non-Japanese people to be this good at rhythm games! I can't even get close tbh, I do what I think is really well and still end up nowhere near the total needed.

Sad times. Just going to have to accept it's not possible for me and abandon the plat hunt. It's not worth my sanity

I've never got the appeal of platinuming games! Feels like a colossal waste of time - it's just so god damn grindy. How do you do it man?

I've never got the appeal of platinuming games! Feels like a colossal waste of time - it's just so god damn grindy. How do you do it man?
I pretty much don't, I just really want to! I almost always fail, I generally look and see if it's vaguely achievable before even considering it. If I think I can do it and it's a game I'm enjoying, I will gladly do a few extra things, it's like additional challenges for you to aim for. Unfortunately a lot of games set unrealistic or unreasonable demands so it puts you off even trying. (anything with online achievements, or large amounts of collectables is an instant no from me)

Bit of a tangent, but collectables are the worst thing to happen to games. Especially narrative games, where you can easily end up completely ruining the pace of the game looking in corners for pointless crap that you feel somehow compelled to try and find. Somehow they've ended up in almost every game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.