General Videogame Thread

I didn’t know what game this was, had to google it. My mind is blown by how rich they think their consumer base is. A ‘free to play’ game with DLC that totals £2,309.89!!????

Yep. You will pay upwards of $80 (sales via their own store are in $) for a module and slightly less for a terrain. There are always sales on but the costs are still there. The base game is a free download. The depth of the game though and quality and detail of the planes etc is astounding and if it’s your cup of tea, it’s highly recommended.

I try desperately to play and be good at this incredible sim.

To say it’s real world would be an understatement and the level of expertise needed to use the weapon systems, never mind fly the bloody planes is staggering.

Some great tutorial videos on YouTube mate if you get the time.
Yeah I try very hard also. I go to bed reading Chucks guide at the moment.

I’ve decided to try and focus on WW2 at the moment and have the Spit and Mossie. I’m making my way through the Big Show campaign but it’s slow going.

Last edited:
I didn’t know what game this was, had to google it. My mind is blown by how rich they think their consumer base is. A ‘free to play’ game with DLC that totals £2,309.89!!????

You only need one module at a time and it does come with 2 maps and 2 aircraft so you don’t actually need to purchase anything initially. To get half decent on those two aircraft will take you a few months, by which time you’ll know if you like the game or not.

I’ve bought 3 terrain maps, 3 aircraft and that’s far too much as I fry and get proficient in just one. It’s a hugely steep but very addictive learning curve.

Yeah I try very hard also. I go to bed reading Chucks guide at the moment.

I’ve decided to try and focus on WW2 at the moment and have the Spit and Mossie. I’m making my way through the Big Show campaign but it’s slow going.
@blueinsa having said that about WW2, I’ve been retraining in the F18 all day. It’s a lot easier to fly but a lot more complicated to do anything in.

@blueinsa having said that about WW2, I’ve been retraining in the F18 all day. It’s a lot easier to fly but a lot more complicated to do anything in.

One tip is to fly the A-10 or F18 in game mode whilst you try and learn the weapon systems and once you have that down, go full simulation.

As you said before, one plane at a time starting with the free planes as the learning curve isn’t just steep, it’s almost vertical.

Worth it though

One tip is to fly the A-10 or F18 in game mode whilst you try and learn the weapon systems and once you have that down, go full simulation.

As you said before, one plane at a time starting with the free planes as the learning curve isn’t just steep, it’s almost vertical.

Worth it though
I know what you mean about “game” mode but i love the realism. What modules have you got?

Halo multiplaye, yep I’m still shit, reactions of a sloth, looks and plays fantasti, think I’ll leave it to the kids

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.