General Videogame Thread

Having quite a bit of fun on Forza Horizon 5, amazing looking game. I've found that HDR is done really well on it, shame i don't have a 4k HDR monitor but i've ran it on epic settings on 1080p and getting around 110-130fps with HDR and around 165fps with ultra settings. I've also ran it at 4k on my other monitor without HDR and it gets 60fps consistently, but i think HDR just adds a bit more definition tbh. It does seem that the developers have done some top class optimisation on this game, i believe you can get high end graphics on a pretty mid-tier GPU. I'm running a 3080, i wonder if anyone else with a lower end GPU can confirm?

Having quite a bit of fun on Forza Horizon 5, amazing looking game. I've found that HDR is done really well on it, shame i don't have a 4k HDR monitor but i've ran it on epic settings on 1080p and getting around 110-130fps with HDR and around 165fps with ultra settings. I've also ran it at 4k on my other monitor without HDR and it gets 60fps consistently, but i think HDR just adds a bit more definition tbh. It does seem that the developers have done some top class optimisation on this game, i believe you can get high end graphics on a pretty mid-tier GPU. I'm running a 3080, i wonder if anyone else with a lower end GPU can confirm?
I'm running it on a 3070ti with an i9 and everything set to ultimate and it runs stunningly, when it works, and looks beautiful.

A few games I've played recently.

Far Cry 6.
It's Far Cry. Expect nothing different from previous versions. Looks nice though.

Forza 5.
Apart from the problems with connecting, firing up, accolades not working and all manner of weird bugs it's enjoyable but it is Forza 4 in a different setting. Still, fun to play with some mates.

Back 4 Blood.
Good fun, it is L4D3 sort of with a few different ideas.

Battlefield 2042. Demo was good fun when in a squad with mates. Full game will be getting a viewing tomorrow.

I'm running it on a 3070ti with an i9 and everything set to ultimate and it runs stunningly, when it works, and looks beautiful.

Far Cry 6.
It's Far Cry. Expect nothing different from previous versions. Looks nice though.

Forza 5.
Apart from the problems with connecting, firing up, accolades not working and all manner of weird bugs it's enjoyable but it is Forza 4 in a different setting. Still, fun to play with some mates.

Back 4 Blood.

Battlefield 2042. Demo was good fun when in a squad with mates. Full game will be getting a viewing tomorrow.
How do you actually play against anyone in forza? I joined one and it just seemed to have 10 people in a group but no race started

got 5/6 hours left of my trial so will have a go at the sniping element.

Yeah the other guns are a mess, its a shame can't pick up dropped guns so smg and sniper.

Yeah the hover crafts going up the wall, ability to revive people.

Maybe I am just too disheartend of how COD went, but keep thinking people are cheating in the game on 2042.

Best mode for me so far is the fallback map (not sure on full name) real fun with that.

I'm averaging 5/6 kills a game so suppose not too bad

Carrying two mains in BF is a proper no no, it’s what separates it from COD.

Random one that people may or may not have played as its a good few years old now.

DokiDoki Literature club.

Its probably 5/6 hours of play, starts out like a typical Japanese dating game. but its not, it will mess with your head and is well worth a play.

Note: if you have not played it and want to, DO NOT google it. just play. and do not let young kids play it ( No nudity in there but themes unsuitable )
Yeah that game messed with my head for a good few days afterwards

Loving Skyrim 10 year anniversary edition this will be my 4th play through! There is So so much to do love it.
My wife is away for the weekend and this is about to be downloaded on ps5. Cant wait and i feel a few very late nights coming up. Gone are the days when the wife used to go away and id be out on the lash with the lads, give me 20 hours of skyrim over the weekend every time.

Far Cry 6.

Forza 5.

Back 4 Blood.

Must be quite nice with that i9. I just have a Ryzen 5600x but haven't noticed any issues with what i've been doing. I'm not really pushing it hard tbf and the 16gb 3600 RAM is more than enough from what i have seen.

Im really not sure on BF 2042, i see that they have given a 10hr play time for free on game pass so i might give it a go while i have this game pass 3 months thing!

All the Far Cry's are kind of the same thing tbh.

What issues have you had connecting? I can't say i've had any issues other than that i'm using a PS5 controller and obviously it natively supports Xbox which i don't have, so you have to do a couple workarounds each time for it to work.

How do you actually play against anyone in forza? I joined one and it just seemed to have 10 people in a group but no race started
I think there's some co-op's that you can play with mates, there is also a battle royale thing they created where you can play against others and race to get to objectives while the circle closes. Only played it once and didn't really know what i was doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.