General Videogame Thread

I recently played/finished Subnautica. Brilliant game of of base building, storyline, not a button mashing shooter, looks beautiful, not triple A game, made with a lot of love.

Anyone know/play anything similar because I am playing Fallout at the moment and although the game world is beautiful and complex its basically an action game where you shoot lots of monsters.

Different, but I'd recommend Outer Wilds. Not a base building game, but an absolutely fascinating, and beautiful, planetary exploration game with a real cool time reset mechanic.

It’s the easiest Souls like game you can play its people who give up to early who say stuff like that!

My first ever souls game demon souls had me furious frustrated annoyed pissed no game ever had this type of game mechanics so you actually get nowhere you get killed go back to the beginning and you lose of your souls/ruins so you can’t even level up unless you can get those souls back without dying!

I was very very close to getting the disc out my console and smashing it into bits I was that frustrated but I stuck with it for days and days and once you get to know the game mechanics the game play the rewards was more than any game I’ve played at the time.

Personally Elden ring isn’t my number one souls game it’s my number one souls game for a first play through because it’s more for giving on first play through than any other souls game. I’m on my NG+ now and it’s not as satisfying as my NG+ with dark souls games and bloodborne.

In order of my favourite souls games

Dark souls 2
Bloodborne
Elden Ring
Dark souls 3
Demon souls
Dark souls
Ye I tried bloodbourne and after a few fights I was stuck so I binned it, may give it a go if you can go open works more rather than linear

It’s the easiest Souls like game you can play its people who give up to early who say stuff like that!

My first ever souls game demon souls had me furious frustrated annoyed pissed no game ever had this type of game mechanics so you actually get nowhere you get killed go back to the beginning and you lose of your souls/ruins so you can’t even level up unless you can get those souls back without dying!

I was very very close to getting the disc out my console and smashing it into bits I was that frustrated but I stuck with it for days and days and once you get to know the game mechanics the game play the rewards was more than any game I’ve played at the time.

Personally Elden ring isn’t my number one souls game it’s my number one souls game for a first play through because it’s more for giving on first play through than any other souls game. I’m on my NG+ now and it’s not as satisfying as my NG+ with dark souls games and bloodborne.

In order of my favourite souls games

Dark souls 2
Bloodborne
Elden Ring
Dark souls 3
Demon souls
Dark souls
By far the easiest. Especially leveling up. Nearly finished but Stuck on the Godskin duo. Been trying to put the chubby fella to sleep then windmill into the other guy. Fat fella always wakes up before I can even get the other fella's health half way down. Then they both kick shit out of me. Rinse and repeat :/

Recently been playing Star Ocean Second Story after I got good deal on eBay for it. I regret selling my copy years ago. I did the whole trick to get the Marvel Sword, which took 3 hours to pull off. 20 minutes of save scumming until I realized you needed the Dexterity ability. Classic JRPG goodness before they started holding our hands. I’ve been playing Berserk on PS2 and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure on PS1. Not a whole lot. I retired Elder Lillies. Played some Chapter 2 of Poppy Playtime. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R and Alpha 3 MAX on Vita. What a blast those fighting games are. I also started Final Fantasy VI pixel remastered version on Steam, but I want a Steam Deck before I truly dive into my Steam library again.

Trying game pass for PC. Halo will not start. You get to the campaign screen, start a game and it’s straight back to Windows. GOTG works fine and is pretty good tho

Had several instance of the same thing happening to a few games on game pass and finally sacked it off.

Not good enough.

Firewatch is also a good game to check out if you like visually pleasing indies with exploration elements.

Unfortunately it is hardly ever discounted, I was lucky enough to get to play it when it was on gamepass.
I got so into Firewatch. Loved it. I’ve been considering getting Road 96 as the graphics kind of remind me of it. Anyone played it?

Had several instance of the same thing happening to a few games on game pass and finally sacked it off.

Not good enough.
I tried it again the other day. GOTG won’t start now either. It’s wank. Nearly got the 3 year code stack deal!

Playing Biomutant from the start and streaming it, getting the hang of editing my streams and sticking them on YouTube. The game itself is ok and quite simple going to try and complete all the quests before I move onto another game.

Never really been into computer games but many years ago I did get addicted to a game called Ages of the Empires and wanted to give that another go. Seems though that it isn't available for Macs. Anything similar that might be available for a Mac or video console?
Used to stay up weekend nights late 90's with a trilogy of computers interlinked playing AOE. An absolute gem of a game and when the novelty wore of we kicked into Red Alert. Some really good old games ou there still doing the rounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.