General Videogame Thread

How's it running at a busy airport? Looking at bumping up from a 2080s.
Down to 30-40 in the busiest airports. I haven't done much fine-tuning on the settings so I'm sure I could get some more even at mainly ultra. On lower (than 4k) res it is often the CPU bottlenecking the framerates. The 5800x3d is a true monster on this sim, barely breaking a sweat.

Yeah that's fair mate but as someone who's played the series since COD 4, it's ruining the entire appeal to me.

I can understand SBMM, it's not fair if you're a lower skill and are constantly getting leathered by better players.

Forcing crossplay when you're up against PC players with a big advantage is just a pisstake. I don't want to get into a PC v Console debate but I'd rather just have consoles play consoles.

The maps like I say are just a disaster, that border map is honestly just hell, I genuinely leave every lobby every time it's selected.

I'm not interested that much in warzone, the first was exciting for about a month before I got fed up of it. I barely played Caldera in all honesty.
The advantage that console players have over PC for aim assist in this game is bigger than any previous FPS i can think of. You can try it yourself, don't touch the controller and have a friend just move past you and see the aim auto tracking the player - its mad.

The border map is legit the worst map i think i've ever played. In the original mw2 there was a DLC called trailer park or something, i thought that was bad but this is next level. There's a video i saw on Twitter of a guy who spawns and dies from exploding cars on that map about 6 times in a row - wtf?

I'm kind of the same with warzone - i never really like it that much. I guess it can be fun when you're partied up but i prefer the faster pace of multiplayer.

Got a FM23 key and been playing it for a couple of days. Yet to see where they've changed anything, beyond a new squad progression planning tab and an extra 'speak to the agent ' button.

Very, very poor SI. Just a glorified yearly data update now.

Think I'm going to head into Total War. What game does everyone recommend as the best in the series?

Have to admit. The state of the current maps in MW2 is genuinely disgraceful. The game itself feels really good in terms of shooting and movement but the maps are fucking wank. They're literally so unbalanced with terrible objective locations, bad spawns and just encouraging people to not move.

It's the same problem MW 2019 had but these are actually worse which takes some doing.

It makes a game that should be a 9/10 a 6/10 because they're just horrendous.

I just want them to bring A shipment 24/7 game mode in haha

I'm waist deep in Elder Scrolls Online at the moment. Ticking all the boxes - mindless grinding, collecting gear, doing quests and occasionally jumping into a 4 member party to do a dungeon. Just what I need right now. I've played it a few times over the last few years, started in earnest in Lockdown 1.0 but returned to my character late last year only to find all my stats and skills had been reset due to some update to the class. Then ploughed hours into an archer style character only to get to quite a high level before finding out it just wasn't that good. Playing as a Tank now and seem to have found the role for me.

Yeah that's fair mate but as someone who's played the series since COD 4, it's ruining the entire appeal to me.

I can understand SBMM, it's not fair if you're a lower skill and are constantly getting leathered by better players.

Forcing crossplay when you're up against PC players with a big advantage is just a pisstake. I don't want to get into a PC v Console debate but I'd rather just have consoles play consoles.

The maps like I say are just a disaster, that border map is honestly just hell, I genuinely leave every lobby every time it's selected.

I'm not interested that much in warzone, the first was exciting for about a month before I got fed up of it. I barely played Caldera in all honesty.

Agree with the comment regarding cross play and people on PCs. Way easier to aim using a mouse than on a controller.

Agree with the comment regarding cross play and people on PCs. Way easier to aim using a mouse than on a controller.

Complete bollocks now, was the case years ago but not now with aim assist. All the pros now use controller as it is better in close quarter fights. There is no advantage to pc anymore the new consoles do 120 fov and 120 fps.

Complete bollocks now, was the case years ago but not now with aim assist. All the pros now use controller as it is better in close quarter fights. There is no advantage to pc anymore the new consoles do 120 fov and 120 fps.
The aim assist on mw2 is insane. I just don't have fun on controller though, i have a PS5 controller and an Xbox Elite controller but playing with them on PC just makes the game so boring for me personally. I was watching a video this morning of Handler playing (search and destroy player) and he said he's not going back to keyboard and mouse for this game at all, it's accompanied with footage of him using the SPR with a controller and just beaming everyone. You see as he ADS's the aim assist kicks in and automatically starts moving to target so he's even able to beat snipers without a scope. There obviously has to be some level of help with a controller as you just simply can't move the thumbsticks quick enough and accurate enough to aim without aim assist, but they should just bin off cross-play in that case. Removing cross-play in game (i've not tried it on mw2 tbf but have on mw2019) causes so many issues trying to find games.

Anyone ever used any of the mods from Nexus? A friend of mine has been raving about all these mods he's added to Fallout 4 to make it into a whole new game, it looks amazing but a bit of a faff..

The aim assist on mw2 is insane. I just don't have fun on controller though, i have a PS5 controller and an Xbox Elite controller but playing with them on PC just makes the game so boring for me personally. I was watching a video this morning of Handler playing (search and destroy player) and he said he's not going back to keyboard and mouse for this game at all, it's accompanied with footage of him using the SPR with a controller and just beaming everyone. You see as he ADS's the aim assist kicks in and automatically starts moving to target so he's even able to beat snipers without a scope. There obviously has to be some level of help with a controller as you just simply can't move the thumbsticks quick enough and accurate enough to aim without aim assist, but they should just bin off cross-play in that case. Removing cross-play in game (i've not tried it on mw2 tbf but have on mw2019) causes so many issues trying to find games.

Cod is a content factory these days and little else. Having assists act like that makes for good clips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.