General Videogame Thread

Got it my son today which means he has completely hijacked my ps5. It looks stunning and he’s well into it already.

Got a PS5 yesterday, haven’t even played a game yet but four times the screen has gone green and the PlayStation has turned itself off and when I turn it back on it bollocks me for not powering down properly. Any ideas?

Got a PS5 yesterday, haven’t even played a game yet but four times the screen has gone green and the PlayStation has turned itself off and when I turn it back on it bollocks me for not powering down properly. Any ideas?

Try changing the hdmi port in TV you are plugged into. Make sure you are using official lead, but if that doesn't work try other leads. Try it on a different TV or monitor. Don't turn it on and off rapidly Give it time to work before quitting on it.

It’s called "green screen of death", ignore the death part as that looks like online hype. But worth googling. Obviously you won't be able to do reformatting if you don't have access to a display to see what you are doing.

If none of the stuff works to get it fixed you probably have a dodgy unit, just take it back to the retailer and get a replacement.

Thanks both, tried all the ports on 2x tvs tried the HDMI from my ps4 too. Now can’t even get it back on to factory reset to return to retailer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.