General Videogame Thread

Used fidelity/rt all the way through it looks stunning and never really got any slow down and as it’s single player I don’t think you really need a high FPS.
Apart from performance I don't think any console can get that high anyway. On God Of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West, I had VRR enabled so i've become used to having around 40 fps with dynamic 4k. Want something like that but don't think balanced mode is all that great visually.

Fid/RT seems the way to go. Just very strange that it works better than Fidelity mode.

Anno 1800, The Industrial Revolution city builder is free to play all this week. Released on consoles as well today its also free to play. PC version is discounted at £12.99 on all storefronts, the console version is £34.99

Downloading it now to give it a go, Wish more companies and games would do this

Far Cry 5 has been remastered/optimised for PS5/next gen and looks superb.

Picked up endless space 2 with most of the DLC for about £8 in various sales, as a stellaris fan I think that is probably my weekend written off. The fact I'm up now at 5am to get a game started is worrying! I chose it over the new stellaris DLC, first contact, hope I made a good choice. Also got Pax Nova for £2.59, supposedly a bit like sid Meier's Alpha Centaurai but a mess without the DLC patches. Must remember to eat and the footy today...

Steam spring sale seems to have oodles of bargains. Tempted also by wolcen for £8, apparently it's much better now after recent patches, especially when I see diablo 4 listed at £60-80, and it recently got a console release too.

See the steam deck has it's first sale too, apparently the trick is to buy the entry level model and upgrade the SSD, but I'd never actually play on the thing.

Last edited:
About 5 hours into hogwarts legacy and it’s a stunning game. Just visited hogsmead and fought a troll but all very relaxed so far and easy. My only gripe is the amount of dialogue in it so far, feels like I spend 50% of my time just reading text. Hopefully that’s just the intro to the game and characters and that lessens as I start to really get into it.

About 5 hours into hogwarts legacy and it’s a stunning game. Just visited hogsmead and fought a troll but all very relaxed so far and easy. My only gripe is the amount of dialogue in it so far, feels like I spend 50% of my time just reading text. Hopefully that’s just the intro to the game and characters and that lessens as I start to really get into it.
Ye it’s only quest givers later you can skip it if you want.

Press triangle if youre on playstation Y on xbox. I have no real interest in what they say so skip loads of it.

Im about 34% complete now 22hrs in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.